Author Topic: good old Dunc.  (Read 1162 times)

ACE

• Hectare
good old Dunc.
« on: November 11, 2010, 11:56:59 »
I shall have to put his picture up in my window to bait my lazy, workshy brother. The last job he had was a milk monitor when he was at school. There is only one flaw in the new plan to get these lazy scroungers of off their backsides, why wait until 2013, start right now!

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
Re: good old Dunc.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 12:30:57 »
Don't be mean - they have got to have time to think up a good excuse/trip over a paving slab etc. to keep them out of work.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 12:48:49 »
I think we've spent years teaching folk that they DON'T have to work so it will probably take decades to convince them otherwise >:(
Ditto single mothers with loads of kids.BUT I must stress I don't mean women with children who had partners etc my late m.i.l was a single mum and a more hard working, generous individual you could wish to meet,I imagine there are many like her.It's the never worked pushed a pram from the playground..... >:(
sanity is overated

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 13:35:52 »
Yep, He (IDS) wants to make working pay more than benefit, It's a good idea, in principal.
But, he's not on about raising wages, just reducing benefits !!
You couldn't make it up!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 15:34:37 »
I had to give up work in 2009 on ill-health and got pushed off ESA onto JSA... for which I get nothing now as 25 years of stamp only gets you 18 weeks contribution based JSA. I have done a retraining course for 11 of those months out of work and am looking for work, have had two interviews in the last month. I would willing work for JSA (£63pw) but there is no help at the Jobcentres if you are "professional" or over 45...  :-X

Bill Door

• Acre
  • Calne Wilts The builders put down clayish soil
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 19:43:59 »
Sorry to say this but I think that these changes will just hurt the people that we should be helping.  Those that do not really need our help will, as usual, continue as they are.  It is the same with tax and the same with savings and banks,  The same with pensions. 

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal