Author Topic: flooding  (Read 1368 times)

ACE

• Hectare
flooding
« on: November 10, 2010, 08:58:44 »
I am lucky,  I am on high ground. But we had a fair bit of rain this last few days and a lot of flooding locally. Not the raging torrents that hit the headlines but enough to cause some misery as it goes through their houses.

How was it your way?

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: flooding
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:03:16 »
I had flooding in the passenger footwell... as one of the drains was blocked with leaves...
but the house is fine.. we live on a bit of a hill!  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 09:30:49 »
lots on the roads but houses ok  :)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 09:50:41 »
High grounds here too and no problems reported..phew..but..ruts in allotments avenues are full and looks like 2 lots of rivers run side by side ::)..lottie is thoroughly soaked and now unworkable >:(..and I've got 8 new apple trees to be planted before frosts sets in. Ground is going to need couple weeks dry weather before I can set even a foot on it..like if the sun would ever shine on us again ::) :-\

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:54:40 »
High grounds here too and no problems reported..phew..but..ruts in allotments avenues are full and looks like 2 lots of rivers run side by side ::)..lottie is thoroughly soaked and now unworkable >:(..and I've got 8 new apple trees to be planted before frosts sets in. Ground is going to need couple weeks dry weather before I can set even a foot on it..like if the sun would ever shine on us again ::) :-\
If they're bare-roots I'd stick them in the big pots your tomatoes don't need right now.... by the time your tomatoes need them again you'll have planted the apples out...

chrisc

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 16:13:40 »
Code: [Select]
If they're bare-roots I'd stick them in the big pots your tomatoes don't need right now.... by the time your tomatoes need them again you'll have planted the apples out...
Yes..I've been thinking of that. At the moment they are 'bedded in' into wet straw so they are not in hurry and few are grown in pots anyway. But if things don't start improving I'll just have pot them on for time being.
Sun did shine today after all..but rain again tomorrow ::)..and lots of it >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal