Allotment Stuff > Allotment Movement

allotment laws

(1/3) > >>

steve9871:
in feb this year i caught the chairman of our local allotments association steeling property belonging to me from my mates allotment we called the police and he was made to return it to me he was then cautioned by the police for theft i reported the inccident to the parish council who still have a part in the running of the alotments they did nothing and this man was allowed to continue as chair the parrish council issued us with a tennancy agreement when the association was started   and it sayes they are responsable for all allotment related disputes and when i pionted this out to them they threatened to have me evicted under rule 9 wich sayes any one not entering in to the spirit of the association will be evicted were do i stand?

Paul Dee:
Complaining about theft is worse than doing the actual thieving???   :o

If your parish council are as nervous as mine about getting into the local paper for the wrong reasons as mine are, that would be your best bet..

What a strange situation!

ACE:
get the threat in writing, then go public, the parish council is answerable to the parish and also the main council. most of these small town/parish councillors are co-opted instead of beeing properly elected because we are apathetic about their elections and they usually end up as an old boys club.

steve9871:
ive got every thing in writing i was told to report the matter to the standards bourd for england but they can only deal with individual councilors and say they see the problem biut dont no wat to do there was another twist to all this me and my wife have had the same allotment plot since 1971 the association started in 2001 this year the chairman refused to accept our rent from us in a hope to get us evicted rule 10 states we must pay our rent to the association bye april 30th and finaly after being fully aware of the situation and refusing to accept it there selfes the parrish councill in june and after threats of eviction accepted it on behalfe of the association but they still refuse to alter the rule and he has already told us that no one on the committee wil accepte it in 2005 so we are going to be in the same situation

djbrenton:
How was the Association formed and what are the rules pertaining to Extraordinary Meetings? Any chance of posting a copy of the tenancy agreement and lease? Most tenancy agreements only allow for eviction under specific circumstances.

One idea is for you to join Nalgs, they provide allotment related legal advice. http://www.nsalg.org.uk/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version