Author Topic: Allotment supervisor has vendetta against plot holder  (Read 24086 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Re: Allotment supervisor has vendetta against plot holder
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2010, 19:55:33 »
I meant good bye to this thread you daft twonks, now you've made me post again you numpty's, still not had a PM for a reasoning behind it, I just wished who ever done it would grow some balls and tell me, nuff said, sorry BK and all the best.   ??? ??? ???

Phew!
 ;D  ;D  ;D
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2010, 20:01:13 »
Thanks Kev. We can all breath a sigh of great relief ;) ;D.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2010, 17:51:54 »
What exactly do the allotment rules say about selling produce? We're not supposed to do it individually, but there's no rule against the Association selling it, and it does. I'd be very surprised if you couldn't give it to to a friend or partner, who could then sell it.

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2010, 18:25:49 »
I read somewhere about the government, or maybe the last one, intending to start to encourage the selling of surplus produce from allotments.... All to do with food miles and local communities getting local produce and shizzle............
Such a shame I have the memory of a goldfish....

Don't suppose this rings a bell with anyone else, does it?  :-\
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2010, 18:35:36 »
..OOH!

Hang on............

I remembered something!  :o ;D

Right. It was from amongst some Written Ministerial Statements I was browsing when trying to get our own allotments up and running... (And yes, I do feel like a complete anorak.)....
.Anyways, the paper is HERE (Clickerty-click)...
... And the paragraph that stuck in my mind is as follows.......

Brighton and Hove city council put forward a proposal requesting a freedom that would allow surplus produce from allotments to be sold to local markets and shops. In response the Government have been able to clarify that there are no legal restrictions on allotment holders selling genuinely surplus produce. This clarification was made on 3 March within a package of measures that set out the Government's support for gardeners and growing food in the community. This package also provided clarification to the London borough of Waltham Forest, Birmingham and Sheffield city councils, who have also put forward proposals about allotments under the Act, highlighting existing powers around allotments and the opportunity offered by new "meanwhile" lease arrangements that will make it easier for people to take control of abandoned land while it is waiting to be used.

Hope it helps to clarify somewhat...........
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal