Author Topic: Help with wiki updates please  (Read 1608 times)

BAK

• Wiki Editor
  • Hectare
    • BK - This and That
Help with wiki updates please
« on: October 09, 2010, 08:26:57 »
I plan over the next month or so to update the two pages in the wiki that I have been responsible for, and I would appreciate any help.

To get into the wiki simply click the wiki button at the top of the page.

1. History of Allotments. This page includes links to the histories of individual sites. I would be grateful for links to any histories that you do not see in the list. The current list includes histories that vary in size and detail ... the minimum size is typically the equivalent of a single sheet of A4.

2. For Newbies. The objective of this page is not to reinvent the wheel by churning out lots of advice but simply to point newbies to useful material that has been made available on the web by A4A peeps and other allotment holders. I am interested in any additional useful links and any ideas for additional sections or information within sections. One idea that I have is to include some of your anecdotes on the expectations of some newbies ... as mentioned in the following thread

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,62898.0.html

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:30:38 by BAK »

BAK

• Wiki Editor
  • Hectare
    • BK - This and That
Re: Help with wiki updates please
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:25:27 »
A4A wiki - History of Allotments

9 more links added to local site or area allotment histories.

Latest are at the bottom of the list.

Currently, there are 44 entries.

More would obviously be better. Details of any other histories would be welcome.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:29:54 by BAK »

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 11:41:20 »
While your at it Bak the monthly planner has nothing from Aug onwards, I mentioned this ages ago but no one go back to me.   ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

BAK

• Wiki Editor
  • Hectare
    • BK - This and That
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 15:25:21 »
cornykev,

I have had a similar conversation with tonybloke before.

The title of wiki editor against me is totally misleading. When I started here  3 or so years back I got the impression that the a4a wiki was open to everybody, just as wikipedia and related software is.

I am just an ordinary a4a bod who has contributed and maintained a couple of articles. I am not responsible for the a4a wiki in its entirety.

I suggest that anybody who wishes to contribute should contact Dan the man so that the system allows them into the wiki.

Failing that, if you or anybody else wants to let me have some text for August onwards I would be happy to add it for you/them.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal