Author Topic: ranting... rental increase  (Read 6237 times)

vegetplotlot

Re: ranting... rental increase
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 23:25:54 »

Does your Tenancy Agreement allow the Council to make this rent increase?  Were you given sufficient notice?
[/quote]
The point is the rate fly high within the recent three years and will be continue in the future.... another point is as said in the Council letter (the increase is agreed by Cabinet and the Allotment Panel), who am I have a say to... the Cabinet (at the moement everything either cut or offical raise the rate).... the Allotment Panel (the council itself).... Ya while we have the payment notice they already declare the next year rate, we have a year notice but the increase rate is far too high.... I need a ranting channel like this ....

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 22:06:06 »
Ranting's fine vegetplotlot, but if your tenancy agreement doesn't allow the council to increase the rent then they can't.  So, does your agreement allow the council to increase the rent?

Are you willing to do any of the maintenance and administration in order to keep the rents down?  Do you have a site association that would self-manage?
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

rog_pete

• Quarter Acre
  • the photo from 10 Dec when took over the plot
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 23:41:00 »
rog_pete, that's quite an increase all in one go.  If you're interested there may be grounds to challenge how soon they can impose the increase.

How much notice did the council give?  What does your Tenancy Agreement say about the Council increasing the rent?  Did the Council negotiate with your site association and offer any alternatives?

Dear TGU
I have finally dug out the Tenancy Agreement and found the clause in rent increase.  It states "The Council reserve the right to review at any tie the yearly rent and to bring into effect the resultant revised charges after giving twelve months written notice thereof to the Association and the tenant"

Our allotment association has not informed me so at the moment I do not know if this 12 month written notice has been given.  I shall be speaking to our Chair when I see him.

Initial assumption is that the Council have not complied with their terms, therefore the challenge may be a good thing to go down.

I feel the ranting is not finished yet!
Rog n Pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal