Author Topic: bread makers  (Read 3379 times)

georgiesgirl

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
bread makers
« on: October 12, 2004, 21:30:28 »
Invested in a bread maker earlier this summer.It has been a good buy and the bread is delicious.One thing that i had'nt expected and is  a lovely bonus is the keeping quality of the bread.The bread i make is usually wholemeal or granary and can last upto 4 days without showing signs of staleness.
This could'nt be said of Supermarket bread.
What do other folk think?
I am typing this as the smell of bread baking is wafting under my nose.
regards
Anne

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re:bread makers
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 21:51:46 »
Hi Anne i to bought a breadmaker, and we really enjoy the lovely bread , it does seem to stay fresher and yes the smell is lovely wafting about the house.  The problem is we now eat to much because its so nice.  Cheers Rosebud.

georgiesgirl

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 09:42:15 »
I agree Rosebud to eating more bread.
Still in the early days of making bread.I just wish now that i had bought a bread maker years ago.I had been reluctant to buy as i did'nt want any more kitchen appliances lurking in my cupboards,told by many folks that this would happen.
What i had'nt realised was what a superior product i produced compared to supermarkets etc.,
anne

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 13:16:02 »
Superkmarket bread is probably already a day or two old when you've bought it.

I love homemade bread. Have been thinking about getting a breadmaker, but I love making it by hand (when I have the time!) Maybe I'll ask Father Christmas for one!
gone to pot :D

Ceri

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 13:41:38 »
I'm a huge fan of mine - I don't actually bake in it, just use the kneading dough facility, as I like to make different shapes and sizes.  I can make more at once this way as well.  Haven't bought bread in months now - and get 20,000 mummy-points at school as my son has home made bread buns in his packed lunch!  Little do they know I'm drinking coffee while the machine kneads the dough for me!

oubykh

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 11:20:14 »
i've been thinking of getting one for a while, but there are so many out on the market. What make/model would you recommend?

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 13:02:26 »
Get the Pannasonic. We had a different one before and found the bread although it rose it was never soft and airy. The Pannasonic makes fantastic bread, light, fluffy and delicious. Well worth the extra money. If my Pannasonic broke, I would go out tomorrow and buy another one exactly the same.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

oubykh

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 13:28:45 »
Jesseveve - what model is it? ,thanks for the recommendation

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 13:43:34 »
SD253 is the model number. But my cousin has an earlier model (the one without the automatic seed dispenser) and it's just as good so I think pretty much any Panasonic will do a good job. Look out for stores having specials, we got ours about £20 cheaper than usual.  :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

oubykh

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 11:08:24 »
 ;)

Maverick.uk

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 09:10:16 »
Hi All

Ive always found the taste to be different to "normal" shop bought bread. Anybody else experiance this? What recipes are you using?

Cheers

Mav

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal