Author Topic: For Cat Lovers?  (Read 2389 times)

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
For Cat Lovers?
« on: January 18, 2005, 09:35:21 »
Hi all, thought all you cat lovers might like to see a pic of my Aunt and Uncle's cat, which I took while we were visiting them just before Christmas:

His name is Sengey (actually I think the spelling might be Senge) which is the Tibetan word for tiger. He is one of those Abysinnian crosses with a wild tree cat, and he is absolutely lovely. The photo doesn't really do him justice, he is so solid and muscley but still lean compared to most other cats.

Hope you enjoy  :)
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: For Cat Lovers?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 12:56:01 »
Wow Moggle he's gorgeous!!!! He has the look of a 'big cat' about him doesn't he? Now that is the kind a cat I would love to have!!

Are you into catnapping? Are you coming to Scotland soon?
Mmmm thought not.  :(

Aaawww s'not fair!!!  :'(

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

vetstudentRosie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 13:28:14 »
Hi there all,

Just noticed the pet section, and what's more, a bengal to top it all off!!

This is a 'breed' resulting from the crossing of domestic cats with the beautiful Asian Leopard Cat (a small spotted jungle cat) . After four subsequent generations, they are then officially bengals, not 'early generation' hybrids.

If you ask me, from this genetic mix, bengals are the most smashing characters you'll ever meet!!! They are uniquely bonded to you, more dog-like in nature, very athletic/acrobatic (!) and love playing fetch.

They have a fascination with water, and will (incessantly try to) join you in the bath/with the washing up etc...given the chance

Their fur is exceptionally soft and close lying, more like the pelt on a mink/fur coat, and has the richest of spotted markings, often showing tri-coloured rosettes as well as spots...

Since falling for the bengal (big time!!), I now breed them, hence the enthusiasm....

Anybody particularly interested in bengals, PM me and I'll sing their praises some more....I'm smitten

I have always had cats, but have never known such an understanding could be had, until the bengals. I hold very fond memories of 'normal' cats, but the are exactly that, fond memories. These cats are truly unparalleled in their intelligence, entertainment-value and beauty!

vetstudentRosie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 13:30:01 »
if i knew how to post photos, I'd show you the memers of my 'family'

Rosie

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 18:30:45 »
Wow, does have that wild big cat look about him!

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 19:38:27 »
fabulous! he does look like a hunter, doesn't he?

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 23:15:29 »
I've always loved all my cats and still adore my beautiful Belle but oh I could be tempted by that boy especially with Rosie's description of their nature.  Sad to say Belle doesn't cope with other cats - she was dreadfully bullied by her contemporaries as a wee kitten (there were 2 or 3 litters all in the same house and she was the tiny one) but is really sweet natured with people now.  So its Bengal dreams for me
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Ozzy

• read only
  • Acre
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 01:03:11 »
WOW again

Moggle the markings are meantal, and the cat looks the biz alright... mahn I wouldnt.... in his back yard  : :D :D :D

Ozzy

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 09:27:35 »
Eileen, it would be a very long way to catnap him - He's in Australia  :D

I agree with Rosie about their temprament, from only limited experience, and what my aunt and uncle say. He is a really friendly cat, and a total character. My aunt and uncle say he 'talks' to them, his miow is certainly different to any other cat I have heard.

Dunno about fetch, but on the day we were there, he decided to bring in a baby blue-tounged lizard, which he'd caught in the bush.

Sengey has had a bit of a tough time, and has survived being hit by my uncle's car (definitely an accident) and a poisonous snake bite.

I want one now, especially after seeing the other pics. Rosie, how much does the average kitten set you back? Would one be happy in a flat?
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 22:03:43 »
What a beauty Moggle - good job he is Australia otherwise I might join Eileen in a bit of catknapping ;D ;)  Mind you, my two girls would probably send him packing - a right pair of bossy boots they are :)  not to mention the dogs :D
Happy gardening all...........Pat

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal