Author Topic: Better than swimming with dolphins!  (Read 63762 times)

Sinbad7

• Hectare
Re: Better than swimming with dolphins!
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2011, 18:26:19 »
Brilliant news Betty, you can breathe easily now.

I think you and Jenny both deserve a medal if only there were more people in this world like you both and not forgetting Ken either. 

Hope Wanda was well today.  And ET is fine tomorrow.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2011, 01:08:45 »
Yaaaaayyyy!!! Well done Betty! and a huge yaaaayyy to the lovely CPL!  ;D

pumkinlover

« Reply #222 on: February 18, 2011, 08:17:55 »
Job well done! ;D ;D ;D

Now has Pyscho calmed down at all?

You could try making a false hand to lower down on a stick and see what the reaction is!
That should be easy with your scarecrow making skills!! ;) ;)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #223 on: February 18, 2011, 17:49:03 »
Makes you wonder how they coped with ET once they opened the door of the cat cage  :)  Jenny must be a special lady and I am glad you got them all 'done' before kittens.  Good news Squash.  Hope ET will not lose her trust for long.  Just Psycho Calico's bad behaviour to sort out now.  Hope she'll change quickly. 

asj

• Half Acre
  • Esher, Surrey
« Reply #224 on: February 18, 2011, 18:23:00 »
Well done, Betty!! and the lovely Jenny from CPL ;D.   Look forward to hearing more about the cats!

I just got back from the vet with Caesar who had to have his flea jab - he won't take pills even from the vet! - and his worm drop-on.  He had to be weighed for dosage - 6.5 kilos  ::). 
War on slugs and snails!!

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2011, 14:29:06 »
I haven't seen E.T. at all since she was brought back on Thursday.  Not all that unusual because she was the shyest of them all so maybe her trip to the vet has made her even more timid.  Fingers crossed she will be there tomorrow.

The cats are taken to the vets in the trap, and then transferred to a special cage which has sides that move inwards, gently holding the cat against the bars so an injection can be given.  There is no way they would be able to take a feral out of a cage unless it was sedated.

I saw Wanda and Psycho on my plot this morning.  They are both fine, and their wounds look to be healing nicely.  Psycho has not calmed down AT ALL.  I have to have the water spray with me all the time, it's the only way to control her.   I think I will make a false hand on a long stick and try touching her -she'll probably fly up the stick and bite me!

Our lovely CP Jenny brought us some cat food today which had been donated to them.  Not just one or two cans, but over a hundred, plus lots of boxes of dried food.  I couldn't beleive it when I saw how much there was.  The CP have collections outside Tesco and Sainsburys and the public donate food.[attachment=1]
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2011, 14:36:03 »
I've been writing so much about the Plot Four recently that I almost forgot to say that the Pavilion Three are doing really well.  Triangle is getting quite big, but she does have a big appetite, and Janet is getting a tiny bit braver every day.  We still haven't managed to stroke her yet, but she doesn't run away from us any more, just keeps out of arm's reach.  Felix is his usual self, he's very friendly but doesn't appreciate being picked up.

This is Triangle and Janet the other day, the pic isn't too good because I had to use a long zoom on it - if I'd gone any closer they would have got up.
[attachment=1]
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2011, 14:45:39 »
Good news all round which is good to see, and must be pleasing for you.
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2011, 15:51:13 »
While I was there today a young man came in and dropped 3 tins off and another lady brought some food in. Renews yer faith in mankind it does.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2011, 16:58:18 »
While I was there today a young man came in and dropped 3 tins off and another lady brought some food in. Renews yer faith in mankind it does.
It really does.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2011, 17:47:43 »
Betty and Shirl

Hope ET will be fine.  

What a lovely donation of cat food from the CPL.  And also from a strangers.  There are some horrible people about and also some very lovely ones and I am glad you are getting to meet lots of the second type.

What a clever idea the cage with the moveable sides.  So this is how they can handle the ferals without risk of being mauled.

Thank you for the pictures.

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2011, 00:23:04 »
Your lovely Jenny brought a tear to my eye, what wonderful kindness of her to bring all that food for them.

Great news that all are doing well, will be nice just to see ET, hope you do today.

Did Jenny have any idea why Psycho had gone the way she has?

pumkinlover

« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2011, 10:20:31 »
Glad that's all gone swimmingly!

Has Simon gone home now the ladies are no longer so attractive to his roving eye? ;)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2011, 11:16:08 »
Expect E.T. will be back when he sees all that food. He/she is probably lurking about nearby watching. Do Cats Protection also inject them against feline flu, and I assume the op is easier for toms than female cats.  Come back E.T. we all miss you, think that is one clever cat.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2011, 15:35:48 »
Is ET back yet.

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #235 on: February 27, 2011, 07:45:29 »
Good news - my husband saw E.T. on Friday afternoon, more than a week since her op.  She wasn't there yesterday morning when I fed them though, I think she is avoiding me now.

A photography student from the local university came to take photos of the cats on Friday.  The Pavilion Three were all there, but on my plot - only Psycho, who wasn't a bit shy at having her photo taken by strangers.  ::)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2011, 09:42:29 »
How kind of people to donate all that food,it is amazing how kind people can be.
 :)

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2011, 13:40:06 »
Delighted ET's been seen.

asj

• Half Acre
  • Esher, Surrey
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2011, 16:01:31 »
So glad to hear that E.T. has been around.  I'm sure she'll soon get back to her normal behaviour  ;D.
War on slugs and snails!!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2011, 17:16:41 »
Tell E.T. we all love him.  Welcome home.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal