Author Topic: seed shopping sites  (Read 63085 times)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: seed shopping sites
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2011, 11:22:52 »

This is why i have a huge boxes of seeds and the blokes on the allotment laugh at me!
 Is it a problem getting seeds sent from america? I have sent for some dwarf tomato seeds , are they not likely to come? It didn't say anything about postage problems on the site.
                   :-\

I have never had a problem, but my orders were small, 5-6 packets.  I am however prepared to accept that once in a while a packed does not make it and there is no redress, unlike with a UK company who will send a replacement.  There is a good chance your seeds will arrive.  Let us know.

pumkinlover

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2011, 13:38:20 »
NO MORE PL.....EESE.... !!!!  STOP ;) ;) ;)

Another addict...  ;D

No I have it completely under control!!!!

Mind you only March- time yet!!!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2011, 13:42:48 »
Code: [Select]
No I have it completely under control!!!! OOHH..she is in denial ::) ;) Admiting it makes you feel better..but there is no cure..once addict, always addict ;)

pumkinlover

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2011, 13:52:30 »
No I have it completely under control!!!! OOHH..she is in denial ::) ;) Admiting it makes you feel better..but there is no cure..once addict, always addict ;)

I felt so good the other night when I tidied up my seed box and the lid fits badly. :D :D :D

It is most unlikely that those lovely tempting pictures on that web site would have any influence on me what so ever.

Heritage seeds indeed. Probably ancient old rubbish no one would want to grow anyway. Got dropped by the big seed companies for a good reason.

No I'm not in the least bit interested. 

I'm back to the plot now to see if I can bash myself on the head again! ;D ;D ;D ;D

pumkinlover

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2011, 18:05:14 »
Well back from the plot- no further head injuries!

May just have another little peek after tea!! ;)

Please tell me it's too late and I can forget about it till next year! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2011, 18:40:57 »

This is why i have a huge boxes of seeds and the blokes on the allotment laugh at me!
 Is it a problem getting seeds sent from america? I have sent for some dwarf tomato seeds , are they not likely to come? It didn't say anything about postage problems on the site.
                   :-\

I have never had a problem, but my orders were small, 5-6 packets.  I am however prepared to accept that once in a while a packed does not make it and there is no redress, unlike with a UK company who will send a replacement.  There is a good chance your seeds will arrive.  Let us know.

Only order four packets and they are dwarfs as well ......fingers crossed then

pumkinlover

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2011, 21:55:13 »
Ok I gave in-five more packets from Heritage ;D ;D ;D

How quick is delivery??? will they be here by monday? ;) ;) ;)

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2011, 06:08:42 »
 ;D  ;D  ;D

This is truly a lethal thread, especially now I'm looking for aubergine seeds  :-X

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2011, 14:04:57 »
The Co op has Quality Street on offer again. Bargain all round, chockies to eat, tin for seeds, & did you know that the coloured papers can go in the composter.

pumkinlover

« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2011, 13:36:20 »
My  tomato seeds from Heritage seeds came today! :-X :-X :-X

That's preety good service by my reckoning, I love the packets. Plus a freebie :D :D :D

this forum has a lot to answer for- loving it!!!  ;D ;D ;D

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2011, 16:51:05 »
My  tomato seeds from Heritage seeds came today! :-X :-X :-X

That's preety good service by my reckoning, I love the packets. Plus a freebie :D :D :D

this forum has a lot to answer for- loving it!!!  ;D ;D ;D

pumpkinlover - great news ;D
grannyjanny - please don't  :) :) :) (given up chocs for lent)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2011, 17:43:43 »
That was quick service...and what did you get for freebie?..most important information ;) ;D

pumkinlover

« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2011, 18:38:53 »
Pink  Ping Pong- I can hardly write it without laughing!!! ;D ;D ;D

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2011, 19:37:08 »
Err..just another site to look at..if you haven't ordered all for this year ::)..or maybe you are already planning 2012..like me ;D ;D
http://www.nutsncones.co.uk/index.html
Good seletion of corn and tomatoes.. ;)..haven't checked all other seeds yet :-X

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2011, 20:03:34 »
Him, I am very sure this is seeds by size under a new name, same addresses etc.

Pink Ping Pong is a super tom by the way.

Mmm someone else collecting dwarf toms, me too. and it gets quite addictive what did you get? I think we need a seperate post on this .

Looking for aubergine seeds, is this another ciollection, I might have a few spares, let me know and I will have a look. I did give a lot of my collection away a few months ago so not sure what I have bit I will happily share what I have.

XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 20:11:16 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2011, 20:20:42 »
Oh..I didn't know seed-by-size changed name..it still keeps popping up under old name in server..I knew the company was taken over ???
It doesn't have half as much stock as 's-b-s'..
We'll see what happens..I made tiny, teeny, wheeny sort of trial order..just to see what service is like :-X ::) ;D..and only for that reason..I don't really need any moore seeds ;D 8)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2011, 20:37:07 »
..you're kidding me.. don't need seeds..seeds are the stuff that dreams are made of.

I have often wondered what it would be like to only buy/grow exactly what you would need. Do you really think there are gardeners out there that actually do that.

Never to share or have surplus etc..

I  wonder if they exist.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2011, 21:11:53 »
I looked on freecycle today & someone was looking for a tomato house. I replyed to her & said I didn't have a grow house but I have tomato seeds she can grow outside. I asked if she was growing in pots or garden. She has chickens so is growing in pots. I am sorting out a few seeds to send with the tomatoes.
Sharing is so good. Makes me smile ;D.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2011, 21:19:05 »
My mail just arrived.. seeds from Tom Wagner, TPS and tomatoes, it doesn`t get anymore exciting than this.

XX Jeannine

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2011, 22:11:26 »
I wonder if they existBelieve me they do..I've got one neighbour..lottie next door..he always buy same varieties..he buys just the same amount of packet that he knows he needs..and that's it..
Any freebie seeds from magazine he gives to me as he don't use them ::)
Only seed he save is his runner bean..and even those he counts to exact amount and rest of it he gives to me..last autumn that was nearly a carrier bag full :o..shelled, dried and ready for storage. I've been eating them over the winter ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal