Author Topic: Huevos en Rabo de Mestiza - ideal Sunday brunch  (Read 2055 times)

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
Huevos en Rabo de Mestiza - ideal Sunday brunch
« on: September 20, 2010, 15:28:08 »
This is a delicious brunch recipe, and uses those lovely fresh tomatoes that we've all got a surplus of right now!

http://johnnorman.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/huevos-de-codornices-en-rabo-de-mestiza/

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Re: Huevos en Rabo de Mestiza - ideal Sunday brunch
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 17:34:12 »
sounds delicious ..... I'm dribbling and drooling now  ;D

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 22:44:43 »
Surely I can't be the only one that thinks a tomatoey sauce with eggs in is dreadful.  The yolk running into the tomotoey sauce - no thank you. :o ::)

valmarg

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 23:37:23 »
Looks similar to the North African recipe Shakshouka that I use whenever I've a couple of tired peppers lying in the bottom of my fridge and/or a hung over 20 year old demanding a tasty brunch.  http://www.riverford.co.uk/feed/wash/in:recipes/shakshouka/
The tomato/peppers/spices and eggs combo works brilliantly as far as we are concerned. ;D

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 16:25:05 »
well I have yet to make this recipe but it did inspire me to make an egg curry - which was yum! And Valmarg, you'd be ok with it cos the eggs were boiled 1st  ;)

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 18:38:24 »
Yes 1066, I could cope with boiled egg, we have a recipe for prawn and egg curry which is delicious.

I think it must stem back to my childhood, when I used to be presented with a 'fry up' of bacon, sausage, egg and tomato, etc.  I can cope with bacon/sausage and egg, and bacon/saussage with tomato, but egg and tomato on the same plate, no.  Its just something I don't like. ;D

valmarg

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal