Author Topic: Another mystery pumpkin!  (Read 2264 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Another mystery pumpkin!
« on: August 15, 2010, 18:04:41 »
You may remember I grew all the Atlantic Giants for plotholders to grow on for the competition this year?  Well, two people have ended up with these -

[attachment=1]

I am 100% certain there wasn't a mixup of seeds on my part.  I wonder if they will continue to grow and end up anything like AGs?  
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Another mystery pumpkin!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 18:16:44 »
Looks like it played away from home.  Seems to be very shiny.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 19:32:28 »
Looks like it played away from home.  Seems to be very shiny.
Yes, it is very shiny.  I hope it keeps growing. ;)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 19:56:35 »
Oh..I've been having lots of trouble with 'wrong' seeds this year...and from various seed companies ::)
I've been growing lovely queensland blue squashes.. ::)..yeah..and one wasn't...and I used some male flowers from that mystery plant to pollinate another to get some seed >:(..so that exercise was waste of time... ::)
I also grew some 'atlantic giants' for pumpkin competition..for other people ::)..not much competition for some as those turn out to be summer squashes ;D..I'm so loved person at the moment...serious competition ruined ::)
Squash...do you remember who's seeds those AG's were? I've already thrown packet away and cannot be sure anymore...I wonder if we are victims of the same 'fraud'..

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 00:36:59 »
It's possible that they came from the squash swap....though I can't think of any summer squash that have a seed like an AG..... those things are huge.... your spare QB's (if you were the person that put them in) went to plot51a and saddad, you might want to check with them.....

chrisc

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal