Author Topic: 3 Year Waiting List!!!  (Read 11677 times)

becky0129

• Quarter Acre
Re: 3 Year Waiting List!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 18:48:36 »
in Horley are waiting list is 5 years not sure how many people on there

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 22:35:41 »
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but if theres 72 plots and your no 45 that means there's more plots than people that want one  ??? ???
As far as Swindon is concerned there shouldn't be any waiting lists at all.  It drives me crazy to see this in the evening advertiser about 2 year waiting list when on my own site there are at least 4 uncultivated plots 2 of which haven't had anyone on them in the last 10 yrs to my knowledge and speaking to other reps in town they have the same problem.  Plus all the old sites that could be reactivated if someone one in the parks department got their finger out and did their job properly.  The system for evictions and lettings is to long winded in my view and needs a serious overall. As you can tell this is one subject sure to wind me up. Will now get off soapbox.  I'm of to bed so wishing you all a very goodnight and sleep tight. Regards, Taurus.  ;D

THere are still some plots on Crowdies Hill unoccupied, I've got my name down for another one... hope it doesn't drag on the way the first one did....

chrisc

gerkin

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 20:02:47 »
i waited 2 years for my local plot could have had others but they were 5 miles away as opposed to 400 yards ,worth the wait in my book!
upminster essex ,come on you irons

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 00:29:45 »
i waited 2 years for my local plot could have had others but they were 5 miles away as opposed to 400 yards ,worth the wait in my book!

Ditto... my old plot was OK fopr convenience I thought being halfway between work and home, but therefore four miles away from either.... the new one is less than ten minutes walk from my new house,  there's a non-road cycle route there and it's easily in range if I feel like taking either of the rotavators over there then I cna just fire them up and walk them over.... indeed if I can get the big one running (a Howard 400) then I shoudl be able to do the whole "Good Life" thing and fit it with a trailer and drive it over whilst sat on a trailer of tools...... need to check the legality of that... I expect someone will say I have to register it or it'll need lights or something  9not hard on a 400, it has a PTO I can put an alternator on)

chrisc

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 19:18:17 »
Ditto... my old plot was OK fopr convenience I thought being halfway between work and home, but therefore four miles away from either.... the new one is less than ten minutes walk from my new house,  there's a non-road cycle route there and it's easily in range if I feel like taking either of the rotavators over there then I cna just fire them up and walk them over.... indeed if I can get the big one running (a Howard 400) then I shoudl be able to do the whole "Good Life" thing and fit it with a trailer and drive it over whilst sat on a trailer of tools...... need to check the legality of that... I expect someone will say I have to register it or it'll need lights or something  9not hard on a 400, it has a PTO I can put an alternator on)

chrisc
[/quote]

Insurance, MOT and Tax too  :(
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 12:33:51 »

chrisc

Insurance, MOT and Tax too  :(
[/quote]

Classic vehicle not capable of more than 3mph,. doubt there'll be a problem.... besides if they're going to get snotty about it I just won't be able to have a seat, then it becomes a horticultural tool in transit and not covered by the raod tax regulations at all....

kimbobill

• Half Acre
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 01:22:47 »
I was quoted 8 years 2 1/2 years ago with a waiting list of 90. I got my first on Friday..........
The woman in charge of allotting said a most people hadn't replied to the letter she had sent out, I was only the second to reply. So you might jump up the queue quicker

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2010, 09:29:20 »
I got my first on Friday

I should think that was a nice surprise.  Good luck with  your allotment.

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 13:50:25 »
Ive been told by an acquaintance the waiting list is 30 years in Blackburn,Lancs.
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2010, 14:06:53 »
I was quoted 8 years 2 1/2 years ago with a waiting list of 90. I got my first on Friday..........
The woman in charge of allotting said a most people hadn't replied to the letter she had sent out, I was only the second to reply. So you might jump up the queue quicker
congrats on getting your plot! Its too hard to estimate how long people are going to wait,I just always tell them how long the most recent plotholder waited to give a rough idea.
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 14:54:35 »
The waiting list here is endless.  Although the local council have been looking for sometime they still have been unsuccessful in finding a site.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 15:06:13 »
have they got the cash to develop a new site digeroo?
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

kevbailey

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 15:15:43 »
We just got our local council to provide us with new lotties. We formed an action committee and petitioned them, got a councillor on board and made a lot of noise locally. Not enough land for everyone that wanted one, but now we've started it should be easier to get the patch extended. 

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2010, 15:42:49 »
I don't think they have any cash at all.  But now we have some nice private ones I think that some of the interest is waning.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 07:20:17 »
Here in Harrow there is a surplus of allotments!

We need more people to take up the plots, or else we're going to lose some of the sites to housing development.

kimbobill

• Half Acre
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 00:24:41 »
I got my first on Friday

I should think that was a nice surprise.  Good luck with  your allotment.

It was Digerdoo and thank you.

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 00:37:39 »
I don't think they have any cash at all.  But now we have some nice private ones I think that some of the interest is waning.

you can plot the interest in allotments by the price of Merry Tillers on ebay,  theres a direct Correlation. 3 years ago you paid £25 for a working one, now there up to £130ish. And attachments like a Ridger have gone up  tenfold.
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

poohs tao

• Not So New ...
  • bristol
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 01:01:22 »
Here in Harrow there is a surplus of allotments!

We need more people to take up the plots, or else we're going to lose some of the sites to housing development.

hope it get's sorted. terrible position to be in.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 01:48:17 »

you can plot the interest in allotments by the price of Merry Tillers on ebay,  theres a direct Correlation. 3 years ago you paid £25 for a working one, now there up to £130ish. And attachments like a Ridger have gone up  tenfold.

Yeah... and Lord alone knows why, it's like trying to rotavate with a Springer Spaniel... why they think it'll be easier to use than one of the smaller Howards is beyond me....

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 11:06:58 »
Yeah... and Lord alone knows why, it's like trying to rotavate with a Springer Spaniel... why they think it'll be easier to use than one of the smaller Howards is beyond me....

;D  ;D  ;D - I have a mental picture of a springer spaniel trying to rotovate now - and yes it's hilarious!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal