Author Topic: renewing motor insurance  (Read 1177 times)

ACE

• Hectare
renewing motor insurance
« on: September 07, 2010, 11:15:05 »
I made the mistake of getting a quote on line last night, today it seems the world and his dog are ringing me offering me everything under the sun if I take out their insurance. I have told them I do not buy anthing from unsolicited calls, but they are still insistant and ring back again. I have had to put a message on the answerphone telling them to sod off if they are selling insurance.

Don't go to a compare site if you have to renew yours, just ring the number and do it . That way you do not get your details 'sold' to everyone else.

Buy the way the renewal from my regular insurer was over £600 up £350 from last year, Why it went up I do not know as I have not claimed or had convictions. Phoned a local guy and got if for £240 in the end.

As for the great Churchill deals, forget it, they would not even quote me, I shall kick the next bulldog up the backside when I see one ;)

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
Re: renewing motor insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 12:05:16 »
If I have to put in a phone number, I put in gibberish so they cannot phone me  >:(
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 12:24:27 »
I had a similar experience a couple of months back. Also got emails for several days. Mind you when some of them were stupid enough to ask why I hadn't bought their insurance I did point out that even if it had not been grossly overpriced I would not have bought it because of their persistent and intrusive sales pitch. They seemee surprised! ;)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 12:34:51 »
If I have to put in a phone number, I put in gibberish so they cannot phone me  >:(

Now that is a good idea, although the quotes given on the comparison sites are all baloney, they always find a cheaper one if you phone up.

Mushy Pea

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 13:02:03 »
I'd recommend using a cashback site too like Quidco.

Martin Lewis has several listed on his website.

We save every year.

MP

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 14:49:46 »
 Ace , i went online to renew our home insurance. I swear to you before i could look at some of the quotes the phone rang a very persistant woman kept banging on & asking NO begging me to buy just give me your card details & i can sort it out now, needless to say after a few choice words to get her off the phone we never bought . Scared to look again for fear of more persistant telesales.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal