Author Topic: Wyevale - All seeds now 50p  (Read 5698 times)

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
Wyevale - All seeds now 50p
« on: August 31, 2010, 14:52:03 »
Their 50p seed sale has finally started, at least in the Rothley GC.

I bought some fancy Toms and Peppers where the fact that they only give you a few seeds in the packet is a bit easier to bear at this price.  And several packs of T&M Green Manure (going to give it a go as even Jim from Beechgrove was trying it).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 15:01:25 by DenbyVisitor »

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Wyevale - All seeds now 50p
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 15:48:12 »
I was very restrained- only got 11 packets- £27 worth of seeds for £5.50. Also took advantage of their multi-buy on compost and got a free viola in a terracotta plantpot for spending over £10. Was depressed by the big space in the middle with a sign saying "Christmas store coming soon", though!

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 15:50:14 »
I went in the Co-op the other day & they have mince pies in stock :o ::).

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 16:42:03 »
Granny- thanks for that I am now depressed :'(

I went into a shop the other day and they have given over a huge area to Halloween items!! That was bad enough!!

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 17:35:35 »
Sorry :-[ ;).

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 19:14:09 »
I was fairly restrained I thought, ended up with 86 packets in the end, 81 in one batch and five more when I went back looking to fill the gaps..... apart from my garlic (ordered today) and potatoes (will get from a GC that does masses of varieties loose) and a couple of oddball tomatoes and squashes that I hope to pick up in swaps and of course, parsnips..... Now I can start planning... and badgering the allotment officer for another plot :D

chrisc

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 00:44:46 »
Having had an audit and a totting up.... I'm not expectiing to spend too much more on seeds next year... I think there'll be a tenner at Kitchen Garden Seeds on ebay, probably 15 quid or so on potatoes, and I just spent 7 quid on garlic for all the garlic I'll grow next year (elephant garlic was self-saved)... everything else I'll swap for...  My 86 packs from Wyevale had a headline price of 220 quid, so I reckon I paid about 20%... maybe I wouldn't have had the breadth ( three brussels sprouts, several varieties of broad bean, ditto leeks etc), but I don't think I got anythinbg "frivolous"....

chrisc

Ellen K

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 06:33:28 »
I am filling in the last gaps with Kings Seeds (they have long red florence and mammoth onions and spaghetti squash), but then it will be just potatoes and onion/shallot sets next year.

Also bought hen poo and various boxes of plant food.

So I am just about ready for the off next year too.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 06:45:11 »
I was fairly restrained I thought, ended up with 86 packets in the end, 81 in one batch and five more when I went back looking to fill the gaps.....
chrisc

I love reading things like that, makes me feel quite 'normal'.  ;)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 08:17:23 »
Just totted up the Kings order. First time we have used them and its quite a respectable amountof £38-95. Now I just have to stop meself from getting any more ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

garrett

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 16:01:15 »
I was fairly restrained I thought, ended up with 86 packets in the end, 81 in one batch and five more when I went back looking to fill the gaps.....

I can't resist those 50p seeds either. My local Dobbies still had their bargain bucket when I visited this weekend and I picked up some artichoke seeds and some brown peppers. Still have two/three years left on the expiry date.

Dandytown

• Hectare
    • Pumpkins Growing Diary
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 13:59:06 »
Hi, I'm new here and not sure if it has already been covered but I have purchased lots of pumpkin seeds at (More Veg).

Only 3 seeds in a packet for 50p but how many seeds do you need?

Not sure how much the rest of their seeds are but may be worth a look.

Kind regards

Ellen K

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 14:45:16 »
If any of you lurkers are in the Loughborough area, the chappie on the market outside Home Bargains has a whole load of Suttons seeds at 4 packs for a quid.  Beans and Peas are 50p which is still pretty good.  All this year's stock so fine for planting up to 2012

And he seems to have Suttons entire range.  I bought Eskimo carrots, Claret Broccoli, Senshyu onions and the like which you often can only get from Suttons website. 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal