Author Topic: Galina Tomato Request  (Read 1484 times)

mpdjulie

• Acre
Galina Tomato Request
« on: September 01, 2010, 22:35:52 »
In a tomato swap organised by Jayb in December '09 and received around Feb '10, I got some galina tomato seeds.  I have been picking them for a month now.  The plants have an abundance of fruit and they are the most divine tasting tomatoes I have ever eaten. 
I have searched on the internet for a UK supplier but have failed miserably - they seem to be only available in the US but postage is too expensive just for the sake of some tomato seeds.  Could the person who put them in the above seed swap let me know where they got them from?  Hopefully they will read this post.
Julie
 :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Galina Tomato Request
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 23:04:23 »
Julie, if you get no joy locally I have some 2007 Galina seeds you can have, or if you prefer a full packet  I can add one to my Spring order and stick it in the post to you, most of the places I buy from sell them.

Tomato growers would be about $2.75 for 30, no postage to me, and just a regular stamp to the UK.
Let me know in time if you want the new packet..by Christmas would do.

If you want the old ones I can send them anytime

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 06:39:26 »
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 07:25:16 »
pm...is on the way... ;)

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 08:04:02 »
Soooo glad you liked them, I'm pretty sure the seeds came from me. Originally from Real Seeds. Have you thought of saving your own seed as they are not F1's? I bagged some blossoms last year so have seeds spare if you would like some, you might also like to try Dr Carolyn Pink too. Let me know if you would like some sent.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

mpdjulie

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 11:06:43 »
Thanks Jeannine for your offer, very kind as usual  :) :) but Squash64 has pointed out a place where I can get them in the UK. 

Squash64, I can't believe I missed that.  I typed galina tomato seed into Google yesterday and Real Seeds came up and I obviously overlooked them so thanks for bringing them to my attention.   :D  :D

Goodlife, thanks for your offer but I'm going to get some from Real Seeds. :) :)

Jayb, I always have the intention of saving some seed, but they always get eaten before I get the chance,  I can't help it they taste so good....  ;D

Thanks everyone for your replies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal