Author Topic: just having a think... what is the funniest thing you ever mailed  (Read 968 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
 A comment on another post got me thinking about this and I have to admit I have mailed some odd stuff.

A spinning wheel was the most awkward I think.

Gardening related I think the most recent was a potted tomato plant from here to there with flowers on it, it made it too.

The funniest was probably the small hazel nut  tree that went to Oz in a poster tube.

So come on fess up..

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: just having a think... what is the funniest thing you ever mailed
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 12:55:00 »
Can't say I have ever mailed anything particularly unusual, but I know what the oddest thing I ever received was....a vegemite sandwich mailed by an ex boyfriend from Australia! Customs had of course opened and sampled it...I presume 'tested' rather than tasted it as it took 3 weeks to arrive! He knew I liked Marmite, but thought I would like to try the Aussie version!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Gillysdad

• Half Acre
  • Gateshead.
Re: just having a think... what is the funniest thing you ever mailed
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 16:11:37 »
A comment on another post got me thinking about this and I have to admit I have mailed some odd stuff.

A spinning wheel was the most awkward I think.

Gardening related I think the most recent was a potted tomato plant from here to there with flowers on it, it made it too.

The funniest was probably the small hazel nut  tree that went to Oz in a poster tube.

So come on fess up..

XX Jeannine

Small Hazelnut tree went to Oz  :o :o Did it arrive at its destination ok Jeannine. Those customs people are usually ace at spotting things like that, or is it just from the UK ;D ;D.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal