Author Topic: Where is everybody?  (Read 12107 times)

flowertotmum

Re: Where is everybody?
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 11:00:25 »
Hi we waited 3 yrs for our allotment and now one of us goes daily to do bits and bobs...there are 2 empty plots either side of us and yet our committee put adverts up for them and no-one bothered..they rang people waiting and none of them wanted them either  ???..granted they are overgrown but that shouldn't put you off if your serious about it...we have asked for one plot next to us as well..the main man on the committee said yes take it...so now we have 2..its hard work but the rewards are amazing..we haven't bought any veg so far this yr..or fruits..and i got lots in the freezer and jams and chutneys too :)..i think it depends on your determination to do it and do it right ..also we have been there or a yr and hardly know anyone at our site...one or 2 regulars thats it...we are there to grow food for our family not watch the comings and goings of others...

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 07:32:55 »
Be careful what you wish for.........believe me. Just get on with your plot and enjoy the peace and quiet and grow some lovely veg.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 07:55:45 »
I think that the people should be shown an overgrown plot before they are accepted onto the waiting list in the frist place.

It is unlikely that any abandoned plot will not be overgrown it happens so quickly. 

I helped someone get an allotment recently and when I asked how they were getting on they said it was too much work to dig it over. :o :o 

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2010, 20:00:37 »
I think you will find that most people have their own times of going up to their lotty, for myself normally I'm up there first thing Saturday and Sunday for about three hours and a day during the week, so I see certain people who I know and others I don't have a clue about and that's after three years, also I think you will find that at times it is better to be on your own you get more done rather than standing about camping, :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal