Author Topic: Don't Mention The War! (The 1845 War)  (Read 1388 times)

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
Don't Mention The War! (The 1845 War)
« on: August 11, 2010, 11:50:18 »
VisitBritain issues etiquette guide to avoid insulting visitors during the 2012 Olympics

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7936925/Tourism-chiefs-issue-foreign-etiquette-advice-ahead-of-London-2012.html

Touchy Lot, these Foreign types  :D

wouldn't it be simpler if all the visitors got 1 document - How Not To Offend The British*
instead of us having to learn 190 other countries Do's and Don'ts

* actually best to stick to English people. Not offending the Welsh and Scots is in the Advanced Lesson

brownowl23

• Acre
Re: Don't Mention The War! (The 1845 War)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 12:17:59 »
Ok so just which country is hosting this Olympics.

As a south Londoner who is already being affected by stumping up cash for it in my council tax, who will be affected by road delays, train delays and influx of tourists at the time. I really take offence at being told how not to offend people too.

As a visitor to other countries I make sure I know the cultural differences so as not to offend, as some can have quite harsh consequences. Howevere I dont expect people from the country I visit to know how not to offend me. I am after all on thier land.

It just goes to show that Britain has gone Bonkers with its political correctness.

Gillysdad

• Half Acre
  • Gateshead.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 16:53:52 »
I wonder just how many of the visitors and competitors for these games will fail to return home afterwards. And will any of them want an allotment.....to live on I mean. ;D

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 19:39:19 »
4. Remember Arabs are not used to being told what to do.

how  does this work? in the Army for instance?

or does it mean - the Arabs that will turn up to watch the Olympics aren't used to being told what to do?

cost of the tickets I expect most people who come aren't going to be used to being told what to do

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal