Author Topic: I feel all Christmassy  (Read 1705 times)

Granny_Smith

• Half Acre
  • Of course its me - who else could look like this ?
I feel all Christmassy
« on: December 13, 2004, 12:51:17 »
Apologies to all who do not celebrate Christmas, but just had to let you know that I now feel as though Christmas is almost here.
Last week went to one of my grandson's school plays - aahhhh,   :D and then put the decorations up at home. Now we've decorated the office and I'm just off to join in the Christmas carol service here at work  :o. Wednesday is the office Christmas lunch and next week --- I'm on holiday until the New Year. ;D  ;D  ;D

Best Wishes everyone
Granny.
Granny is still your best friend !

Sarah-b

• Acre
Re:I feel all Christmassy
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 13:01:24 »
Yes - have started to feel that way myself.
We got our tree up yesterday - couldn't wait any longer. We went to a tree farm and selected a Colorado Fir and the children shouted "Timber" as it came crashing down.
Nativity play on Thursday - traditional it would seem - with even King Herod putting in an appearance and the children are only 4 - scary - should we all hiss when he appears?
And all the parcels have gon to the post office - yippee!

Happy Christmas to everyone who wants it to be christmas and who wants to be happy about it!

Sarah

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 17:23:08 »
I agree!
We went to a lovely Advent Service last weekend and I decorated the tree early last week. Bought some special presesnts this weekend and finished the cards so I can't help but feel Christmassy!

Season's Greetings to fellow festive spirits!

CLx

Nobbyman

• Half Acre
  • The Monkey's Always Right!! (Brissle Here!!)
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 17:25:53 »
Wuhoo!!

Christmas is here - deffo!!

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 17:34:36 »
We decorated our tree this last weekend, the house has that lovely pine smell now. Don't know who's in a more festive mood, me or the kids. Got school plays this week, son is a christmas cracker and daughter is a snowman, nice easy costumes to make this year, phew, sewing is not my strong point. Just been out to lock up the hens safetly away from Mr Fox, it's lovely outside, crisp and cold, wish it would snow, that would be the icing on the cake for me.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 10:12:15 »
I think this is the earliest in years that I've felt Christmassy. I usually still all bar humbug until a few days before. I think it must be my more relaxed attitude and the fact that I've done practically all my present shopping on the internet so I haven't had to put up with all the crowds, christmas muzak and commericial rubbish.

What I'm most looking forward to is cooking the meal (and eating it of course). Plus all that time off work.

We'll put our decorations up this weekend. I love our tree - it's fake, but it's a really good one - looks real (it should - it cost enough!)

I've written my cards, but I haven't posted them yet. Better get a move on!
gone to pot :D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 13:10:21 »
Yup, been feeling christmassy for ages now.  I can't get into the swing of things until after my birthday, but once that has gone and the kids start with their advent calenders, I am away!  Got lashings of lovely food and drink, pressies wrapped and cards sent....well, apart from the last few which are sitting there hoping to be posted this avo.  Tree has been up for ages, and yesterday the kids were playing 'nativity' and Daughter number one gave birth to baby Jesus....aka baby annabel!  Very exciting!  ;D

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: I feel all Christmassy
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 22:23:05 »
We had our first Christmas event at the lottie site on Sunday with mince pies and ginger wine and the local church choir came and sang some carols - it was lovely.  I felt a big bubble of love for everyone who took the time to come.  Nice to hear "god rest you merry gentlemen"  being sung and drifting over the plots. Still loads to do but starting to get the magic. How well I remember the School Nativitys, and the little homemade calendars at the end of the winter term...happy days!  :) busy_lizzie 
live your days not count your years

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal