Author Topic: Lidl are selling fruit trees from 5th August  (Read 3817 times)

cacran

• Hectare
Lidl are selling fruit trees from 5th August
« on: August 03, 2010, 20:58:38 »
I have just found this out and have been wanting to try some different fruit trees. Their choices are Tayberry,Loganberry, Gogiberry, Pomegranite,Fig, Kiwi Fruit, Grape, Red Gooseberry and Blueberry.
I want them all, but what would grow well in West Yorkshire, outdoors??

:(

• Acre
Re: Lidl are selling fruit trees from 5th August
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 21:10:36 »
Are you sure its Lidl? Ive got their newsletter email for 5 August and theres no fruit trees on it. Somebody else here posted that Aldi will have them this week I think. Im waiting for Lidl to get them as theres no Aldi here.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 21:11:34 »
Still a bit of confusion,  these are on offer at Aldi.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_15031.htm

cacran

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 18:28:42 »
Oh gosh, you are right, what am I like?? I was planning my trip to Lidl in the morning, too!

vjm63

• Quarter Acre
    • Living in Estia
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 09:58:00 »
Just been - maybe I should have had someone with me to suggest I did not need that many...  ;D 

Good selection with us - and certainly better condition than ones I've seen in Wilkinson's. Now to get planting them in pots...what a lovely day off!

I also got a surprise treat from freecycle this week - ' 5 foot apple tree' they said, but it is a Clapps favourite pear tree, over 6 foot high, and cordoned. 

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 21:05:49 »
Got three fruit bushes.  Hope the grape vine grows I am good a killing them.  They usually do not sprout but this one is sprouting already.  Only frustration is that there are no varieties listed on the packets.

Also got a lovely Egyptian cotton duvet cover, I really like 100% when  it is hot.  It looked awful being grey but it is a lovely cream on the otherside, so looks lovely and feels even better.  I think they got the price wrong it was really cheap.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 07:30:08 »
From what I can gather, Aldi and Lidl do have 'local' promotions as well as national ones so some areas may get the specials and others may not. Just make sure they are bought as soon as they are in stock as these and a lot of other stores do not, in my view, look after their plants by the simple act of watering them.

All the fruits, be they trees, shrubs, bushes or vines you mention will grow (with the right amount of skill and TLC)  in the UK, only the Kiwi is a bit of a problem to get fruiting. In fact I would love to know of any one in the UK who actually gets a kiwi fruit harvest.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 08:25:23 »
Plants from Aldi well watered perhaps too we, some of roots rotten, suggest taking out of pot and having a quick look.

I did not go for a Kiwi the plants are enormous I was not sure about the self fertile status..

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal