Author Topic: a little help please carrot cake  (Read 2503 times)

ginger james

• Not So New ...
  • are we nearly there yet
a little help please carrot cake
« on: July 31, 2010, 19:50:17 »
hello to you who is reading this i am after a recipe for carrot cake please the one i have in my old cook book seems to contain pine apple of which i am not keen :(  so was wondering wheather some one had a old an trusted an well used one thanks for reading, jimmy
thought i saw the light at the end off the tunnel but it was only some bleep with a torch bringin me some more work

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: a little help please carrot cake
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 19:53:06 »
if you try searching for carrot cake in search at the top of the page, I'm sure there'll be a recipe in there somewhere  ;D

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 21:55:10 »
I made this one last wee!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3229/yummy-scrummy-carrot-cake

It was lovely, really moist, the topping is not so original but thats easily sorted with a bit of research you could stick a more traditional topping on but I found this recipe and topping quite suitable.
The main cake eater of my houses AKA known as my son is travelling in the Phillipines so there were plenty of left overs, Hubby obliged by taking generous slices to his work mates and I was overcome with the feed back, so do try it :)

queenbee

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 22:40:12 »
Just added the carrot cake recipe to my favourates it sound fantastic. I will certainly give it a try this week. 
Hi I'm from Heywood, Lancashire

ginger james

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 23:07:34 »
thanks will try dinner 2 morrow
thought i saw the light at the end off the tunnel but it was only some bleep with a torch bringin me some more work

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 02:50:45 »
Oh, it has to be Cream Cheese Frosting on carrot cake for me.. it mkaes the cake XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

ginger james

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 06:40:10 »
carrot cake went down like a storm bit burnt round edges only cause left it in to long

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 20:00:39 »
I have to say that carrot cake with orange is my favourite.

The two seem to go so well together. May be the colour is the give away.

I even use a recipe for cooking carrots in orange juice and corriander seeds. It is such a basic vegetable but can so good.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 14:29:36 »
Glad you liked it GJ  :)

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 16:11:31 »
I am not a great cake eater - well that is telling porkies - I will scoff cakes if I have them in the house!!  I mean I am not a great cake maker - but for a change I have visitors coming this weekend and I will try this recipe as it looks delish!  I think I will pass on the topping or go the cream cheese route tho!

thanks!

O B
 ;D

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 05:42:49 »
I made this one last wee!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3229/yummy-scrummy-carrot-cake

It was lovely, really moist, the topping is not so original but thats easily sorted with a bit of research you could stick a more traditional topping on but I found this recipe and topping quite suitable.

Thank you so much for posting this link.  I  made one yesterday just to see how it turned out and it is was delicious!
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 13:29:49 »
I like this one cos it uses up an old banana or two! But you really don't taste the banana in the cake...
Carrot Cake
Ingredients

3 medium finely grated carrots
2 two very ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
150g sugar
4 tabs cooking oil or melted marg/butter
220g flour (either self raising or mix in 1/2 teas of baking powder) plus ½ teas cinnamon and ½ teas ground ginger
50g walnut pieces (optional)

Goes in a loaf tin usually

•   Mix together carrots, bananas, eggs, sugar (and nuts if using).

•   Add flour mix gradualy and mix well.

•   Add oil and mix again.

•   Pour into tin, cook 170 deg 40-45 mins, it should be well risen and browned (test with a skewer, it is a moist cake but shouldn't be wet). If it browns too quickly, cover with a piece of foil. )

Keeps several days in a closed tin, if it's hot weather, put it in the fridge. Nice with lemon or cinnamon icing.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 14:58:44 »
well antipodes just put the cake in the oven i had an ovwewelming urge to make make after reading this post :o, went down the garden pulled a few carrots, very easy to make see what its like 45 mins ;D
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 15:44:59 »
well its out of the oven hope it tastes as good as it looks, might put a frosting on the top of it :D 
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal