Author Topic: My Ragdoll cats  (Read 9523 times)

bridgehouse

• Acre
Re: My Ragdoll cats
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 18:37:45 »

Hi Linda.
Thank you so much for the tips, I will try them out, I am no good at posting pics will see if my daughter will post a photo of Gracie for me .
Will be having a go with the stitch picker this evening ;D
  June.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 20:05:46 »
You have got me all gushy now. You know how I feel.

Good luck with you Winnebago fund, that is the answer.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 22:26:14 »

Hi Linda.
Thank you so much for the tips, I will try them out, I am no good at posting pics will see if my daughter will post a photo of Gracie for me .
Will be having a go with the stitch picker this evening ;D
  June.

Please let me know how you get on June. The other thing you can do if all else fails is carefully cut them off with a pair of round nosed sissors (but thats a last resort)
Linda

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 22:28:47 »
You have got me all gushy now. You know how I feel.

Good luck with you Winnebago fund, that is the answer.

XX Jeannine

Jeannine can you imagine 6 cats in a Winniebago?! :) I reckon that if let loose (i know you cant do it but) Redford would be pressing his bum up agains the rear window tail in the air doing a cat moonie to passing motorists :o :)

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 00:33:39 »

Thank you Linda ,I can just see the cat mooning what a picture.
   June.

beanie3

• Half Acre
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 19:48:37 »
i can only agree with all the others - what beautiful cats.  Make mine look like scraggy things - but i still love them : )

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 20:23:12 »
I just love their blue eyes.  Charlie (18 years old now) is long haired and normally likes being brushed, but has a few knots underneath.  When we first got him as a stray, he was in a terrible state and the vet had to shave him underneath as the knots were too bad and very painful.  He has bitten both me and my partner who he loves whilst trying to brush him, so maybe it could be another trip to the vet.  It is very difficult to cut the knots out and too near the skin can cause problems, also it is better to wear gloves as even a domestic cat will scratch when hurt.  If anyone wants to get a long haired cat, they must be prepared for daily grooming.  Hello Charlie, he is a very clever cat and is looking at the computer and thinking, oh no, not the vet. My other cat, Zorba, who we haven't got anymore, he was ill and had to be put to sleep was also very clever because he listened to the phone and knew the time he had to go to the vet and about an hour before he did a disappearing act.  Luckily I know the next door neighbours and he went there to hide.

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 18:14:05 »
I just love their blue eyes.  Charlie (18 years old now) is long haired and normally likes being brushed, but has a few knots underneath.  When we first got him as a stray, he was in a terrible state and the vet had to shave him underneath as the knots were too bad and very painful.  He has bitten both me and my partner who he loves whilst trying to brush him, so maybe it could be another trip to the vet.  It is very difficult to cut the knots out and too near the skin can cause problems, also it is better to wear gloves as even a domestic cat will scratch when hurt.  If anyone wants to get a long haired cat, they must be prepared for daily grooming.  Hello Charlie, he is a very clever cat and is looking at the computer and thinking, oh no, not the vet. My other cat, Zorba, who we haven't got anymore, he was ill and had to be put to sleep was also very clever because he listened to the phone and knew the time he had to go to the vet and about an hour before he did a disappearing act.  Luckily I know the next door neighbours and he went there to hide.

Sorry I didnt reply to your posting but we have had a major flood at my mum and dads that has needed all ou atention.  Longhaired cats do as you rightly say ned a lot of grooming, if only people used a wide toothed comb on their fur once a day  they would be able to deal with the nots and the cats wouldnt need a costly and stressful vet visit.  I guess I am lucky with the Ragdolls as they have such a sweet temperment and will let me do anything with them. Jasper my half persian is differeent and he does have his moments but I am firm and quick with him and this does help.  Harry went to the vet yesterday and has to have a tooth removed on monday and I am worried sick about it. Rgdolls are not the easiest cats to give anaesthetic too, last time when he was neutered his face swelled up. I will see the vet before he goes in to remind him.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal