Author Topic: Back as Guest I suppose.....  (Read 4309 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Back as Guest I suppose.....
« on: October 30, 2013, 11:40:50 »
Thank you for the Pm,s whilst I was absent......

Well.....between Diabolic stupid health issues,PC being offline for an age,Looking after Mum and trying to pack up two houses for a move from Heathrow to Dorset in December it seems I have not had any time for Fun cooking......let alone talking plot things....plus giving up the plot and just going to have a largish garden with veggies in I sort of feel like an allotment reject now....and felt like a bit of a fraud being involved in Plot talk when in 2 weeks our 3 year stint will be over....gutted really as we have learned so much on here but wont being applying it other than
the 30yd sq area I will be using as a "Plot".... :BangHead:...so for nothing other than the info given us ...I say Thank you all  !!!!!!!!!!!!

10 year waiting list Nr Wimborne Dorset so our garden will have to suffice.

Maybe once we settle in and I get mum happy with us and find my way around the NEW kitchen I might be able to enjoy some fun cooking after a days work.....we,ll see  !!!!!!!! :wave:

Regards

GazNjude

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Back as Guest I suppose.....
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 13:34:19 »
 :wave: Nice to hear from you...
No, you are never as 'guest'..just pop in and join to conversation if and when you feel like it and when your kitchen is back in action with your creations and you have camera handy..feel free to make us drool again :toothy10:
Allotment or not, I'm sure you have plenty of 'tales' to tell.... :tongue3:

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 13:35:13 »
Clearly you are busy, busy, busy and sorry to hear that some of the effort had to go into dealing with health issues.

Wish you all the best and a happy start in the new home in Dorset after the move.

Well I 'only' have a garden, although it is quite big, and so do many others on here.  It doesn't matter where you grow, only that you grow.  So, come the winter and spring next year we hope we will hear all about how you tame and prepare the new plot.  Can you move the polytunnel?

So please don't be a stranger and hope all goes smoothly in the end.   :wave:

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 14:39:12 »
You can do loads of veggies in 30 square yards and you've got all winter to settle in and get to grips with the unpacking, the veg planning and the cooking.

I grow all my fruit and veg in the garden as I don't have a lottie either.  There aren't any round here, let alone a waiting list, but that doesn't stop me benefitting from advice and chat - and recipes - on here so you can too.   Good luck with the move.
Obxx - Vendée France

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 17:27:20 »
I hope everything working out for you now. You have been missed! Please do not worry about not having an allotment there is no problem with that.
Dorset sounds lovely, much nicer than London, though I know some people like cities. Keep us up to date!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 23:01:54 »
Hey, we don't want you just for the food you know...we want you for yourself too.

What you are saying is fairly common I think, I too was offline again for ages, you just have to juggle your proirities and chatting to a laptop shouldn't be one of them.

Pop in whenever, I'll break out the good china and leave the porch light on.

Take care , we miss you.

Hope Mum settles in well and you all get your balance back soon.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 17:09:02 »
Yes,many thanks one and all,its good to be back...... :blob7:

Gazza

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 23:39:41 »
Well sunday mornings are out for gardening when you will have Wimborne market just down the road. I often pop over on a weekend just for the market, staying at a nice, small caravan site in Ferndown. There used to be a Harley Dealer at 3 cross where we would go for a ride to. There was a nice country park nearby.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 06:39:33 »
Nice to hear from you.  I had been wondering about you.    Your recipes are great.  I do hope you find time to pop in and see us sometimes.

I walked through the allotment in Wimborne last year and they look fab. 

The NT have rather small plots at Kingston Lacy and many were becoming uncultivated.  So they could be an option if you drive.   NT had a campaign to create 1000 allotment but many of them are miniscule.  Might be a good community there.   The gardens at Kingston Lacy are lovely.

http://www.sourcedirectory.org.uk/kb5/dorset/asch/service.page?id=0gG76LovDYM

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 11:45:35 »
Looks like there are some new allotments in Verwood.

http://www.verwoodallotments.org/Pages/default.aspx

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 16:00:10 »
Sounds like a lot to deal with! Hope that you are doing OK. I will be scaling down to 50 sq metres this year so 30 surely still counts as an allotment ;-) anyway we would miss you and your cooking. I was inspired by one of your recipes to make flavoured bread the otherday with bacon, onion, cheese and so forth in it, it was a great success !

Dorset sounds lovely, I am sure all will go well.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal