Author Topic: Geocache..??  (Read 7110 times)

geobain

Re: Geocache..??
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 07:49:33 »
I would like to clear up any misunderstanding, but I'm afraid that the more I talk the deeper I stick my foot in my mouth.

First, digging is against the rules. Any geocacher who was digging around the beds was violating the guidelines. Please understand that I live 3,000 miles from where this took place. I had nothing personally to do with this hide. But I did I have a lot to do with what transpired in the forums.

I realize that there is really nothing I can do or offer to right what was wronged. But I am a man of my word and I made this offer in good faith and wish to fulfill it.

It's not so much to replace the plants. I realize that you can't just replace the plants any more than you could bring back someone's pet. But it is my gesture of apology for my actions.

I am assuming it to be inappropriate and not appreciated and I understand fully why it would be taken as such. I retract that offer.

Basically, I feel awful for the way I have behaved. There is not much else I know to do but to say it again and then leave everyone in peace.

I am wholeheartedly sorry for the way I behaved in the forums today. Please accept that and if you can't, I understand.

Sincerely,

Geobain

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 08:37:05 »
Thank you Geobain, I accept the apology without reservation. I don't know what else to say. I will say no to the money , I don't want to offend you but I don't need it, the plants don't really have that sort of value. It would embarrass me if you sent it to the park

I have now discovered that it is a childs cache and I think it is better  that the whole matter just quietly goes away, primarily for the child. If he is just learning it is better not to be  critical, and it does explain things a little.

We are all capable of wishing we hadn't said or done something.. I wish I had not asked for help on your forum, but it  is out there now.

Could we perhaps just leave it like that.

Sincerely

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

geobain

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 08:39:39 »
Could we perhaps just leave it like that.

Yes. And thank you for being so gracious.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 09:06:45 »
I am glad everything has been sorted, Jeannine.  I can see it had all been so upsetting for you.  I know you cannot find it easy being disabled and looking after your ill husband and I admire you not giving up on this matter. 

I hope you have some plants that have survived and wish you a much better growing season next year.    :D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 09:12:34 »
Did you put up that notice Jeannine? Just for a few weeks till they all understand that there's no cache there? So glad you've got to the bottom of it and are finally getting support from the "geocachers" themselves. Horrid for you. I do hope the remaining squash plants recover from their trauma ...and you!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 09:23:41 »
Thanks Ann,The sign is all made and going up shortly, It seems the owner is a child after all .

Pauline thank you too, fingers crossed for the squash, it is the rare Aussie ones I am afraid for but I guess in the scheme of things they are just plants. I am more concerned about the child who placed it now.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010, 12:00:19 »
I'm so glad to hear that this is being sorted out for you, Jeannine.  Awful to read about the misunderstanding on the geocache site and the treatment you received but very nice, I think, of the geocachers to come over and apologise once their mistake was realised.

As you have said, time to put it to bed and hope that the message has been received loud and clear :) 

Bundyrumandcoke

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 16:34:16 »
Jeannine

I am a Geocacher, and also from Australia. I read of your problem on both Geocaching.com, and here. I joined here to specifically post this. I will admit I am not a gardener. I dont know the cache concerned, or the geocacher responsible for placing it.

I note your concern about your Australian plants. If you send me a PM, or an email Mudrat100@hotmail.com, and tell me the variety of squash you want, I will do my best to get some seeds, and forward them to you, free of charge, to try and compensate you for what has happened. I understand it probably wont help this year, but it may for next year. Please dont think you might be putting me out, or being an inconvienence, I am only too happy to help, if I can.

Cheers
David
Bundyrumandcoke

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2010, 18:18:51 »
Jeannine,
I had never heard of Geochache before your post.  I was really sorry to read how upset you were, and understandably so.  Of course, we know you on A4A and we know how kind and helpful you are so it must have been an awful shock to you to have been treated badly on their forum.

From reading the posts some of them have made here they come across as nice people who jumped to the wrong conclusions. I'm glad that they joined here to apologise.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010, 18:29:08 »
I fell like Squash, I'm sorry for the upset Jeannine, but I have to say these Geocache people have really made a big effort to apologise and they do come over as a remarkably responsible and friendly bunch.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 20:06:09 »
Yep. I think it is all done, better to put it to bed.

Thank you all so much, again thank you to the geocaches themselves who crossed over.

XX Jeannine

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal