Author Topic: Beanaholics!!!!!!  (Read 4536 times)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Beanaholics!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 20:52:48 »
Do Cherokee TOT have a green round/pencil pod with a sort of dusting of purple along the string edge and the ends?... if so then I think I've worked out what a mystery bean is on my plot... I know I planted CTOT but too many labels have been swamped and it's a struggle to work out what's what.... easy to work out where one starts and another ends in the mixed rows aand some of them are so distinctive I oculdn't mistake them now (Manitoba Purple Mennonite Stripe really doesn't look like anything else, neither does Lima for instance), but I have several that are rather anonymous and the CTOT is definitely one of those....

chrisc

The other characteristic is that they have a pretty strong 'string' when they get a little older.  None when you eat them as tiny beans (at this stage they are dark green), but later on the string is very noticeable to the cook.  Dusting of purple certainly applies too, getting darker as the pods age.  As the pods mature, they get just a little 'lumpy' too, a bit bulging.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 20:57:01 by galina »

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: Beanaholics!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 17:54:03 »
Cool, problem solved, thanks all :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal