Author Topic: Growing Indian veg in UK  (Read 7244 times)

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Re: Growing Indian veg in UK
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2010, 11:22:45 »
I'll share with anyone that's interested.

ooo yes  :)

I'm also interetsed to hear what people have to say about the day at Ryton, what was there, the sellers, the swaps etc. Sounds like a lovely day, just to far for me

1066  :)

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2010, 19:38:34 »
That's exciting for your mam, Amphibian. Is she from Bangladesh originally? Otherwise I can't imagine a mum moving so far! (I'm thinking of my mum who doesn't like to travel more than half an hour in any direction  :) )

I've got colleagues who work in Dhaka regularly. I could ask them as well. Not that they will necessarily bump into many packets of seed in the middle of Dhaka!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2010, 19:50:03 »
What about growing from seeds from  veggies, we have an oriental supermarket that is packed with fresh produce, I often think of getting stuff to grow XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

amphibian

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2010, 20:36:10 »
Yes, my Mam, is moving to Bangladesh to live. I'm used to it, it's what she does. In recent years she has lived in Thailand, China, Italy and from next week Bangladesh

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2010, 20:49:25 »
Yes, my Mam, is moving to Bangladesh to live. I'm used to it, it's what she does. In recent years she has lived in Thailand, China, Italy and from next week Bangladesh

Wow - supermam!

What about growing from seeds from  veggies, we have an oriental supermarket that is packed with fresh produce, I often think of getting stuff to grow
Yes are you going to try that, Jeannine? The thing is don't we tend to eat stuff before it's ripe enough? I think dudhi/bottle gourds and bitter gourds are both eaten while immature.

But people save seed from shop-bought tomatoes, don;t they?

I grew a lemon plant from a pip. Mind you, 10 years later it's still about 20cm tall...

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2010, 21:34:19 »
the Pakistani guy who worked with me used to hate bitter gourd curry. He'd come into work looking extremely miserable after it, and he knew he was having the same thing heated up next day  :D
His mum used to make it a lot, as it's supposed to be good for diabetics, which his dad was.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2010, 21:55:49 »
I will go through my stash of gourds and bitter s tonight and post what I have spare..I think it was in the post from a few weeks ago but can't remember how mnay were left.

I am off to buy lobster today from the Oriental supermarket called T&T so I will look at what is in the produce dept, they sell all sorts of stuff, not only Oriental

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2010, 08:10:37 »
totally off topic but amphibian is your mam (or are you) welsh, I always associate Mam with Wales  :)

Anyway bon voyage amphibian's mam, may she bring back many seeds  ;D  ;D  ;D

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2010, 20:14:14 »
Off-topic is good - a good conversation must be allowed freedom to roam!

mam is northern sometimes as well. My mum is from Lancashire and she says it and my sister lives in the the North East her kids call her mam as well. Cute innit?

And Jeannine - thank you so much!

pigeonseed x

amphibian

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2010, 20:35:13 »
totally off topic but amphibian is your mam (or are you) welsh, I always associate Mam with Wales  :)

Anyway bon voyage amphibian's mam, may she bring back many seeds  ;D  ;D  ;D

Yes I am Welsh, my Mam though, is Irish.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2010, 21:22:05 »
Oops sorry I forgot to look. will do that today XX Jeannine

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2010, 21:52:45 »
OH born & raised in cheshire & it was always mam.

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2010, 10:52:42 »
I think it's cos I have Welsh family and friends that I always associate it with Wales  :)

1066  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal