Author Topic: Morons  (Read 5375 times)

:(

• Acre
Morons
« on: July 23, 2010, 18:05:35 »
Our site was vandalised last night for the third time in four weeks. They went along one side throwing bricks through shed windows and breaking the doors. Four weeks ago I was leaving the plot late after dark and spotted two blokes ahead of me smashing stuff up with long planks of wood. They were between me and the gate so I backed away and called 999. I hid my bike and snuck across the site to get to the gate without being seen. The police operator stayed on the phone with me until the police arrived but they had long gone by the time it took them to get there. I was pretty scared. It makes you want to give up when it happens so often.

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
Re: Morons
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 18:11:45 »
So sorry to hear this weequinie, just cannot understand why these thugs do this. You must feel so helpless. Hope that this is the last time.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 18:22:41 »
What a shame, it's really upsetting when this sort of thing happens. 
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 18:46:41 »
You know, what kind of lives do these people have if that is the best thing they can come up with to entertain themselves, it is a real puzzle to me.

Quinie you took a big chance there, you be careful, it might have been your head!!

Don't let them get to you too much, don't give up. I can see how hard it is, I remember planting 85 squash plants and next day they had been all cut off at ground level , and it was vandals as they left boot marks behind all along the rows. I think it was someone who resented the fact that I had a full lottie devoted to squash.

It can be terribly disheartening.

What is really scary is ..the ones you saw, if caught by a tough strong fella, all heck would have broken loose. Can you imagine.

Well you are safe.

but the vandals....why?

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Gillysdad

• Half Acre
  • Gateshead.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 18:50:15 »
Oh how handy would a couple of military training 'Thunderflash' devices have been at a time like this.  ;D

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 11:54:49 »
thanks for the nice thoughts. I suppose they do it because they can ??? I know allotments get hit a lot because theyre soft targets but when it keeps happening it just gets you down. Im sorry you lost your squashes Jeannine, thats just an act of vindictiveness.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 11:59:12 »
Sorry to her this sad news Weequinie.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 12:32:22 »
Sorry to hear you are having problems.  Do be careful.  Your own safety is paramount. 

We had some minor problems a few weeks ago that was anoying enough, I don't know how I would feel if it kept on happening.   It is so sad that people do stupd things when they are bored.   

I beiieve that youngsters are not taught how to entertaining themselves. 

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 13:02:50 »
Now that is definitely moronic behaviour.  But at least you were able to sneak away unnoticed and unhurt. What are the local PCSO's / neighbourhhod team doing about it? Any joy there?

Hope it comes to an end soon and you can get on with growing and gardening

1066  :)

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 13:28:12 »
The police that came out when I called 999 suggested putting broken glass on top of the wall which is illegal. Go figure  ??? They come each time and fill out a form and thats about it. The PCSo team has a key for the site but they go to bed at 8pm so theyre never around when things happen. The policeman that came yesterday suggested it was a pity that things werent being stolen as thats taken more seriously than vandalism. Tell that to the folks that keep having to shell out money to repair their sheds.

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 15:54:58 »
Im so sorry to hear your sad & frusrating news Weequinie (& Jeannine too). I do hope it wont discourage from continuing with your plot.
Last year my shed was damaged beyond repair & all my tools were stolen, on another ocassion all my pvc cloches were cut open. It was so upsetting I seriously felt like giving up my allotment. Im so glad I was a member of A4A because it encouraged me to continue.
I really hope the encouragement from everyone at A4A will help you to feel better soon   

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 16:22:19 »
Sorry to hear that Crystalmoon. Ive had my shed done a few times and some bits stolen but never everything. That must be gutting. It seems to be a common problem. It just makes me angry that they do it and get away with it and that theres nothing we can do to stop it happening.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 17:48:45 »
It seems to me that the thugs rule these days. Its just a case of trying to carry on in spite of them. We will never win :(
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 18:55:37 »
Oh how handy would a couple of military training 'Thunderflash' devices have been at a time like this.  ;D

Not as handy as a GPMG!!
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

Gillysdad

• Half Acre
  • Gateshead.
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 20:04:46 »

Not as handy as a GPMG!!

;D I agree entirely. But thought the Judge would still let me have my freedom with the sentiment of the Thunderflash....as opposed to the hardware you suggest.  ;) ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2010, 20:20:19 »
Why I wonder is that happening in the UK yet here our lotties are wide  open for public viewing, we leave our tools out and nothing happens.

Please don't anyone read this as being negative to the UK it is not but..there seems to be so many things for youngsters to do here. At any given time there are such a lot to choose from. I was reading a "What's On" yesterday and there were camp outs, swimming, mini beast safaris, bat watching, salmon releasing,the opportunity to train as beach volunteers,baby sitting classes, pet training, cadets,tons of clubs, classes on everything under the sun,summer camps, outdoor swimming pools,overnight meteor shower watching, overnight parties at ice rinks, swimming pools etc,many many environmental programmes like frog watching, bird banding, even the chance to be part of cleaning up a nature reserve bog. Most of the above are free or very cheap, certainly free to those in receipt of benefits.

On the other hand the UK yougsters seem to have very little.. could this be the reason?

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2010, 20:34:41 »

Not as handy as a GPMG!!
[/quote]

;D I agree entirely. But thought the Judge would still let me have my freedom with the sentiment of the Thunderflash....as opposed to the hardware you suggest.  ;) ;D
[/quote]

I can see it now...their faces would be a picture after a couple of thunderflashes going off beside them  ;D ;D.Must admit the GPMg would make a mess...mind you,so would the thunderflashes  ;D ;D
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 23:16:29 »
Wow Jeannine I am amazed at all the activities available where you are, I think you may be very right about the lack of anything constructive to do in most of the UK for teens leading to mindless acts of vandalism. Even when there are activities available they are very expensive.   

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 20:44:08 »
hi weequinie
Really sorry to hear about the gits at your plots.

We can an do win against people like that by having happy and productive communities. every time theres a harvest or a chat over the fence then we have more than they have becuase they can only destroy and dont have guts or the confidence to build.

So re build and dont give up becuase to leave plots becuase of some idiots would be to let thoughtless morons triumph and ruin something fab.

get back out there and grow grow grow!

big hug
x sunloving

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 23:47:18 »
Thunderflashes would terrrify them beautifully. I remember the school I went to once had a visit from a policeman regarding the mysterious explosions in the shrubbery. Nothing to do with me (they were nicked by some CCF guys, and I wasn't in it), but they were quite impressive bangs.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal