Author Topic: Comparison of some tomatoes and pictures from today  (Read 926 times)

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
Comparison of some tomatoes and pictures from today
« on: July 23, 2010, 15:21:51 »

Some of our tomatoes comparing cracking vrs non- cracking in wet weather) (left to right:  On top are Polfast and Stupice:
Stupice ripened first and holds up well. My first year growing it but it seems very productive.
 Polfast ripened second, also holds up in rain but is early determinate and now finished in Delaware. I plant them between the indeterminate and when they are pulled out there is more room and air circulation.
Left hand plate I labeled incorrectly!  That's Black Krim on far left which tastes the best in my opinion, does crack some but is forgiven because of its flavor. It also insn't quite that black- somewhat in shade there.
Burpee's Better Boy is on the right of the left plate and it has a good beefsteak taste and no cracking at all plus very uniform in shape. Anna Russian is on right plate, left hand side and is good tasting, very meaty, tiny seeds and not as zingy tasting as the purples. Also the Annas can get to be a pound.
Matt's Wild Cherry are the two tiny ones- a pop of good flavor- our one plant was planted late and still very tiny.
Far right is Cherokee Purple- also great taste but not quite as productive as Black Krim I think and cracks.
We've also grown Pruden's Purple, great taste but not so hardy as the others I think.
Subarctic was a waste and would not recommend- very late, small.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 15:31:56 by GrannieAnnie »
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Comparison of some tomatoes and pictures from today
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 15:51:58 »
Lust comes in many forms. When I was a young man it was females,I missed out on the later desire for money, but those varieties make my little taste bud go all `perky` ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal