Author Topic: Wacko Backo  (Read 8197 times)

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
Re: Wacko Backo
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 08:15:31 »
I think you said it all! What wonderful information!

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 08:30:44 »
I think you said it all!

I doubt that very much. I am constantly answering questions from people I have passed seeds or spare plants onto or people who are interested but think it would be too complicated once they hear about the curing process which is actually much simpler than it sounds and I am among the top 10 posters on the coffinails tobacco growing forum http://www.coffinails.com/forums/ as I answer a lot of questions there.

chuff

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 19:34:39 »
Hi baccyman, I smoke golden virginia or cutters choice, I don't like old holborn or samsons which would you reccomend that I should grow ;D

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 09:13:21 »
I would start with a 50/50 blend of Virginia Gold & Kentucky Burley. It is very difficult to reproduce a commercial tobacco as there is so much flavouring in them they rarely taste of tobacco.
If you buy a pack of American Spirit you will find that tastes fairly similar to the blend I suggested above or you could buy some burley & cutter from grandad's tobacco who I linked to earlier & blend it yourself that way you will know exactly how yours should turn out.

chuff

• Half Acre
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 13:07:57 »
I would start with a 50/50 blend of Virginia Gold & Kentucky Burley. It is very difficult to reproduce a commercial tobacco as there is so much flavouring in them they rarely taste of tobacco.
If you buy a pack of American Spirit you will find that tastes fairly similar to the blend I suggested above or you could buy some burley & cutter from grandad's tobacco who I linked to earlier & blend it yourself that way you will know exactly how yours should turn out.
Thanks baccyman really appreciated ;D

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 21:42:26 »
baccyman,

I've just died and gone to heaven...

...thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you...
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

detailista

• Half Acre
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 16:09:23 »
Additive free is another good thing to look out for as you just get the tobacco not all the chemicals normally put in it you can get 'American Spirit' additive free tobacco in most places now it tastes very similar to homegrown.

I'm going to give them a try Baccyman, thank you for the tip

It's now become available in Morrisons, Tesco and Asda - I've smoked it since running out of my usual when on holiday in Amsterdam a couple of years ago.  I asked for something mild and have not changed brands since as it's great. Much less 'smoker's cough' too.  No nasty bitter taste on the lips either.

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 21:20:33 »
heater for your curing stack:

what about the mat heaters they use for lizard tanks? there about a foot square, and designed to keep a lizard warm !!
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal