Author Topic: Name & shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1270 times)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Name & shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 20, 2010, 19:09:38 »
OH was very keen to do the potatoes for tea. Do you know what he did? He peeled swift potatoes. Any suggestions on how I can stop him. I have a brush which takes the soil off & that's enough for me. He hates the skin but when I brush them & cook them the skin just falls off. Who peels new potatoes except YKW.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Name & shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 19:56:39 »
I hardly ever peel potatoes.  We had a french girl staying some years ago and she hated unpeeled potatoes, but at least she always turned up at the right time to peel them. 

One nice thing about growing your own you know they have not been sprayed with nasties.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 20:09:57 »
I got my own back. He peeled a large panfull & I told he had done enough when he had done half of them so I took my few out & put the rest on his plate. Needless to say he was rather overfaced ;D ;D ;D.

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 20:46:01 »
I like to "scrape" my new potatoes because I find the skin on some varieties leaves a peppery taste in my mouth.

Peeling completely is a no no!
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 20:58:14 »
IF YOU WANT THE JOB DONE PROPERLY

dO IT yOUR SELF

Those of us who have spent decades training  our husbands have no sympathy at all for women who have failed to meet our exacting standards..........

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 21:02:17 »
I have to admit I have a machine although when cooking for two I only use it when they are marble sized. I have to scrape, cannot eat the skins and will not remove them on my plate,, I can't stand mess on my plate!!

I would go crazy if someone peeled newies, unless they were getting older and wouldn't scrape easily, then in my machine they would go.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 21:04:24 »
I tried to ::). If I scrub hard enough with the brush the skin comes off. How come our three daughters are married to wonderful cooks.

earlypea

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 07:13:25 »
Grannyjanny - same problem with my mother

The sight of her scouring my baby carrots with a metal brush  :(  She says they're dirty.

....and gouging the eyes out of my potatoes - she thought it was something like scab!

It makes me really, really crazy  ::)

I find it totally amazing considering she was brought up on home grown stuff during the war and her father had an allotment all his life  ???

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 18:44:10 »
I have a quick rub myself.  :-[        ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal