Author Topic: Miniature buttercup squash, or indeed any other miniatures  (Read 5991 times)

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Re: Miniature buttercup squash, or indeed any other miniatures
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 09:06:54 »
I'm bookmarking this thread as it has so much info - a bit of winter reading and planning for 2011  :)

Thanks for starting the thread Chris !

1066  :)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 18:28:36 »
Looks like I'm going to be the first plotholder with scaffolding on the plot. ;D ;D

No you won't, I've got scaffolding poles holding the stream bank up. I'm not the only one.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 01:45:58 »
I've  got alloy scaffolding holding up bean netting....

Anyway, no-one will know about your plot, it's about to disappear from the ken of mortal man anyway.

MAny thanmks for the reposne to this thread BTW, to sum up I'm not fussed about how big the plant gets but I find it hard to find a use for a 4lbv squash/..... a pound or less is good why I grow the biggies is beyond me, maybe I need a trick cyclist...

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 04:22:56 »
I've  got alloy scaffolding holding up bean netting....

Anyway, no-one will know about your plot, it's about to disappear from the ken of mortal man anyway.

MAny thanmks for the reposne to this thread BTW, to sum up I'm not fussed about how big the plant gets but I find it hard to find a use for a 4lbv squash/..... a pound or less is good why I grow the biggies is beyond me, maybe I need a trick cyclist...

Maybe we both need  trick cyclists Chris - they might provide a clue as to why I have two greenhouses full of chillies when I hate the taste of them...  :o

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 04:25:40 »
I love it, I just love it.. my poor husband struggles with weeds, digging, big bags of soil, manure,mess in the car etc and doesn't like veggies  ;DXX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 04:32:20 »
I love it, I just love it.. my poor husband struggles with weeds, digging, big bags of soil, manure,mess in the car etc and doesn't like veggies  ;DXX Jeannine

A visit to the trick cyclist for him too then Jeannine?  :D
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 15:29:36 »
to sum up I'm not fussed about how big the plant gets but I find it hard to find a use for a 4lbv squash/..... a pound or less is good why I grow the biggies is beyond me, maybe I need a trick cyclist...

Or maybe you need to work on the "pumpkin surprise" (the laternative being your courgette surprise) for your neighbours and friends .......  ;)  ;D

Mariemiller02

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 16:52:51 »
I would suggest that it would have kept for longer.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2010, 17:05:07 »
What would have kept longer?

Welcome to our newbie Mariemiller2 and from the US too. Maria maybe you should pop over to the nebie post and introduce yorself where you will geta real welcome.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal