Author Topic: What mistakes have you made this year ??  (Read 4484 times)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
Re: What mistakes have you made this year ??
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2010, 11:00:00 »
Leaving a gap in me netting for the Pigeons to get at me PSB left with 21 stems,leaving it to late to thin me turnips, going down the plot in the car then walking home for the second time  :-[.

amphibian

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2010, 11:50:12 »
Trusting my mate when he said he'd cut me some steel supports to use at the end of my tomato rows for Florida weave supports. The supports never arrived and my tomatoes have sprawled all over the shop.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2010, 11:56:43 »
In trying to correct mistakes made in previous years, I've just made different ones! ;D

Climbing French beans went out just a bit too early, got frosted, and never properly recovered. The beans I'd sown as 'just in case' back up never grew in the cool wet spell, so I still had empty canes until mid July!

I tried to limit the amount of new seeds I tried, sticking to a few real tried and tested favourites.....which did not do as well as previous years! ::)

Still didn't get successional sowing done regularly enough.... ::)

Ran out of room for squashes, as the potatoes are so much later this year,  the beds I'd planned to put them in are still full of potatoes......

Grew too many tomatoes, :-[  I'm forced to try a few outdoors again, which I know will get blighted just as they fruit!

Left one bed of brassicas unetted for one day.......pigeons stripped the lot!

Didn't pick my early peas regularly enough, so they dried and died on me!

Didn't pick the rhubarb enough either, and now too late to pick for the freezer.. :-\

If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal