Author Topic: windows zero configuration  (Read 1320 times)

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
windows zero configuration
« on: July 10, 2010, 21:51:14 »
hi all.i have to use wzc to start my wireless connection,which isnt a prob really but can i set wzc to start automatically when i start the wireless connection ??,thanks in advance

terrier

• Acre
  • North Wales
Re: windows zero configuration
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 22:56:51 »
Not knowing what version of windoze you're using, is this extract from a help page any use?

Wireless Zero Configuration is a Windows service on Windows XP that is used to configure and manage wireless network connections on a wireless adapter. The Wireless Zero Configuration service is normally started at boot time. The programming interface for the Wireless Zero Configuration service can be used only if the Wireless Zero Configuration service has been started. If the Wireless Zero Configuration service is not started, then the Wireless Zero Configuration functions will return an error.

To enable the Wireless Zero Configuration service so it starts up automatically, go to the Start button. Select the Settings option and then select Control Panel. If you are using the Windows XP view, select the Performance and Maintenance category and then select Administrative Tools. If you are using the Classic View, then select Administrative Tools. Click the Services icon in the left pane. Click the Wireless Zero Configuration icon in the right pane and change the Startup Type dropbox to Automatic. This setting will set the the service to start automatically at boot time. Then click the Start button to start the Wireless Zero Wireless Zero Configuration service and click the OK button.

The Wireless Zero Configuration can also be started and stopped from a command prompt. To start the Wireless Zero Configuration, run the following command:

net start wzcsvc

To stop the Wireless Zero Configuration, run the following command:

net stop wzcsvc

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal