Author Topic: Rain forecast - hope it turns up  (Read 1449 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Rain forecast - hope it turns up
« on: July 01, 2010, 05:57:30 »
It is 22 days and counting since we have more than a tiny bit of drizzle.  Things are really desparate.  Only a tiny amount in the water butt reserved for my lemon plant.

Rain is finailly forecast during the night tonight.  I can only hope that it actually turns up in useful quantities and does not fizzle out before it gets here.  Whatever it is that puts us in a rain shadow does not operate so well at night. 

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
Re: Rain forecast - hope it turns up
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 09:19:51 »
I agree, been watching the weather forecast avidly so when OH rang yesterday evening to ask if he should go down the plot & water, I said no, it's going to lash it down overnight.

so far, still bone dry here & forecast has changed to a few scattered showers. 

Mind you. I'm not good with the heat and it's been long enough now for me too.  Roll on the rain.
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 10:58:10 »
I have been watching the radar map and it has been raining into the Atlantic.  What a waste - plenty of water there already. 

The area of rain is getting smaller and smaller and more and more broken up.  I just feel sure that there will not be any left by the time it reaches me.

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 21:39:25 »
 :( :( :(
Seems the rain will pass us by and only go north of us. The south east has to wait for a few more days before the rain gets down here.

Got them back now to put some tread on them

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 22:44:15 »
The rain finally turned up here at 6:45pm - very light at first - but is now coming down steadily. I'm hoping it will rain all night - as is forecast - so that everything gets a good soaking and my water butts get filled up. I've been watering with tap water for weeks - a very expensive way to go here in the south west.

Tricia

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal