Author Topic: Courgette Problem  (Read 788 times)

DawnF

• Quarter Acre
Courgette Problem
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:00:42 »
Hi,
I have planted several plants and they all seem to be doing ok.
Nice yellow flowers on the male + female stalks.
Behind some of the females I have 1 inch possibly 1 1/2  inch baby corgies growing .
But the problem is the ends just behind the flowers are going yellow???
Any help would be greatly received.
Thankyou  ???

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Courgette Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:16:22 »
What variety is your courgette..if they are yellow variety..well ::)..it is sort of ok..
If not, your plants are propably still a bit immature to able to carry the fruit and they will die and drop off (the fruit not the plant :o)..or are they lacking water...and/or feed..courgettes are greedy feeders and need lots of both ..
Are you courgettes still in pots?..if so they need more room...

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:50:00 »
I agree with Goodlife, your plants are probably still immature.  I too have had some that have gone yellow and I just cut them off when they turn brown at the ends.  They will produce good ones once the plant is well established.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 10:43:22 »
I routinely find that the first fruit are not that great and that many tiny ones will rot and drop off. After the first few, it seems to suddenly work out how to make fruit and then you get tons of them!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal