Author Topic: Messy kitchen............  (Read 1011 times)

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
Messy kitchen............
« on: August 15, 2010, 22:09:58 »
Surely I can't be the only one being taken over by veggies at this time of year.

Tats were dug yesterday but they were rained on so need drying out before storage.
Onions need to go under the stairs as soon as I can clear out saved wine bottles for the elderberry wine and relocate or drink the last of the elderflower champagne.
The wine making bucket will go in there too. The plastic bags contain jam jars in for the last of the blackcurrants and some elderberry jelly.
Kale was picked this morning for freezing but cricket today so a job for tomorrow. There are some gravel trays with green tomatoes covered in newspaper above the onions and above them courgettes that I can't fit in the fridge.

Oh the mayhem but isn't it just worth it  :)

Ninny

gp.girl

• Hectare
Re: Messy kitchen............
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 22:14:25 »
On my fridge is a magnet with ''a messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this one is delerious''

Sometimes its on drugs........ :o

That sort of mess is fine :D
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 22:55:24 »
Looks good Ninns  :)

vjm63

• Quarter Acre
    • Living in Estia
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 07:33:33 »
Some of the year I have window sills - other times I have seed trays, young plants, then ripening tomatoes and this year storing tomatillos as well, soon I will have seeds drying for storage.

Some of the year I have work surfaces, or I have courgettes, peppers, windfall apples, a marrow someone gave me...and, of course, tomatoes.

Is this normal?

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 07:50:46 »
entirely normal - our kitchen gets fuller as summer goes on - bowls of stuff from the lottie, toms ripening. The garlic is in the shed, the spuds (if there are any) will be joing them. Then the most fun is in Autumn when the window cills have the squash on them  :)

Mrs Gumboot

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 18:34:52 »
If it's edible, it doesn't count as mess  ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 18:47:15 »
My son and his family are coming down from Durham on Thursday and staying over. This means that we have to spend Wednesday clearing out the spare room where we keep all of our mini G houses  nets fleeces and other gardening essentials.Th onions and garlic are in there as well so they will have to be moved to our bedroom for the one night as its too hot in the shed for them.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 19:20:04 »
Only a messy kitchen? :o...more likely whole downstairs..and later on part of the upstairs too...
I'm growing stacks of those blue trays too..dining table is full of dishes with 'brewing' tomato seeds..drying peas..seed packets..under the table are my seed boxes...box of empty jars in corner of the living room waiting for the action..bucket of honey on table too..and later on I squeeze my squashes in spare bedroom, hopefully another tablefull ;D
I haven't even mentioned how my kitchen looks ::) :-[ ;D ;)
..ohh...its a good life ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal