Author Topic: Poor pigeon  (Read 1741 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Poor pigeon
« on: June 27, 2010, 13:11:36 »
A beautiful racing pigeon turned up at the allotments this morning.  It was tame, but not tame enough for us to catch.  We fed it with wild bird seed and gave it water, took photos........then it flew off and got hit by a car near our gate.   :'(

We made a note of the number on its ring and I've reported it.  Our chairman is a real softy and is going to bury it on the site. 
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Poor pigeon
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 14:09:41 »
That is so sad, poor pigeon.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 14:37:27 »
Oh dear...not nice that..
Btw..where do you report those ring numbers? We often get racing pigeon on here...and I've always wondered about that..
Last summer we did have one that took residence on our toilet window ledge.. ::)
That one was same though..it did come to eat from the hand but there were no chance to catch it.... ::)...we ended up dangling some cd's from the window..so it could not sleep on the ledge..after a week it finally gave up and left..I didn't mind otherwise..but the mess soon started to pile up..and that's not nice... >:(

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 15:33:04 »
I googled 'report found racing pigeon' and it came up with this
http://www.rpra.org/StrayPigeonReportingGuide/tabid/104/Default.aspx

I was the one who found its body in the driveway and it made me feel really sad to think that only moments before we had been looking after it and then it had died. 
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal