Author Topic: polytunnel vents  (Read 2679 times)

Malfuncional

• Not So New ...
polytunnel vents
« on: June 06, 2010, 21:21:07 »
Almost finished my tunnel,my dilema is wht to use as a cover for my permenent vents. Would it be best to use debris netting or chicken wire.I'm thinking of the need for polinators to gain easy access,any ideas much apreciated :)

ipt8

• Hectare
Re: polytunnel vents
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 13:26:46 »
I have never heard of debris wire, what is it?
I would have thought chicken wire would be fine although I used a smaller plastic tree guard mesh on my polytunnel doors because that is what I had. I guess it is swings and roundabouts to let pollinators in and keep small birds out. Come to think of it I dont have any trouble with pollinating stuff. My mesh is approximately half an inch squares.

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 14:58:08 »
I had to rebuild mine it got so old it was coming to bits i think debris netting wins hands down, what are you going to grow in a pollytunnel that needs pollinating it is far better to keep the what you don,t in, out.
The widows all open behind them is netting along the sides where the brick are is netting the polythene can be rolled up in the summer and down in the winter. I only have drops on the doors at both end but there will be netted doors put on the inside and solid door on the out side, ventilation in the summer keep the cold out in the winter

When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 17:06:24 »
we use chicken wire as our toms, peppers, melons and cucumbers need the pollinators  :)
Ray rigged up some frames and stapled the wire on it, we can ahve either oddr closed and the other folded back  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal