Author Topic: BUDGET  (Read 6608 times)

redcoat

• Quarter Acre
  • Newcastle upon Tyne
Re: BUDGET
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2010, 16:13:31 »
Quote from: theothermarg
even less of a ouch then!! do I understand that the rise isn't coming in till january? that could mean a 6 months spending spree
marg
[/quote

Hmm, that could be intentional couldn't it?  I'm sure it would be good for business if we all go out and spend.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2010, 20:12:39 »
Well, we need to change the car (for a used, not for a brand new one), and we also need a new fridge freezer.

It is concentrating the mind wonderfully to get both before 4th January 2011. ??? ;D

valmarg

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2010, 20:43:40 »
I was talking to someone recently on working tax & family tax credit & she said that there is child care element to cover for child care in the school holidays which is paid monthly. Her parents look after the children in school holidays as do others locally who claim it or the older children do it. Couldn't this be claimed when it is needed. After all they wouldn't give you an allowance for gas unless they new you actually used gas, IYKWIM ;). 

The child care element is ONLY payable to registered child care, such as registered childminders, nurseries, after-school clubs etc. Claiming it when grandparents look after your children is not correct, and could be construed as being a benefit cheat.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2010, 09:50:44 »
The budget seemed pretty fair to me.  Face it, the country's £150G in debt, our standard of living has to fall.  I welcome a 25% reduction in the size of the state.  If central government is run as inefficiently as my Town Council then a 25% saving will be utterly painless.  If it was me though, I'd cancel Trident and slash the defence budget too.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal