Author Topic: Microsoft Silverlight  (Read 1525 times)

powerspade

• Hectare
Microsoft Silverlight
« on: July 06, 2010, 08:32:08 »
How do I get rid of this? I have tried "Addor Remove Porgrammes" but keep getting a message that it cannot be found, I`ve tried Search and again I "get cannot be found". ive gone to microsoft for help and agin "It cannot be found" It has slowed up my PC. When I go online the speed is so slow I can pop into my kitchen boil the kettle and mad a cup of tea before the page I want appears "HELP"

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: Microsoft Silverlight
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 09:52:04 »
Why do you think it is silverlight slowing your computer down?
The Tuscan Beaneater

tarmac4all

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 14:51:08 »
How do I get rid of this? I have tried "Addor Remove Porgrammes" but keep getting a message that it cannot be found, I`ve tried Search and again I "get cannot be found". ive gone to microsoft for help and agin "It cannot be found" It has slowed up my PC. When I go online the speed is so slow I can pop into my kitchen boil the kettle and mad a cup of tea before the page I want appears "HELP"

I'm sure you are but just to be sure, this is what you've tried?

Start  >  Control Panel  >  Add or Remove Programs

scroll down to Microsoft Silverlight, clive once to highlight it, then click on 'remove' button, job done

If (as it sounds) this is what you're doing to get your "not found" error, it sounds like you may have partially deleted something? In any event, would suggest you try reloading silverlight fro link below then retry "add or remove programs"
http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx
o

powerspade

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 07:07:30 »
Ive tried add /remove programme didnt work I re-downloaded silverlight didnt work now Im getting updates from microsoft which will not download. I think I may have a bug in the works but I have done a virus sweep with nil found

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 07:48:29 »
Try the Windows install cleanup utility:

http://download.softpedia.com/dl/d23bb306ab8f4e740e2de0ce1cd831ae/4c342260/100018442/software/security/msicuu2.exe

Save file - You may need to ight click on teh file and "run as administrator" depending on your OS..

But note that Microsoft have removed this from their download section..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal