Author Topic: Big fat parcel?  (Read 2133 times)

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
Big fat parcel?
« on: June 01, 2010, 17:51:17 »
Ok the post man knock on the door this PM with a big parcel of seeds. Although this was a nice surprize i don't know where is came from or where it should be going. Can anyone help? ;D

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Re: Big fat parcel?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 21:01:56 »
The only round robin type swaps currently going on are the chilli & tomato one which is accounted for today & Jeannines 'from Canada' parcel which is currently delayed in transit neither of which you appear to be involved in.
Could it be one of the previous swaps which went missing? or could it be a swap on another forum?
If you check the postmark it should at least have a postcode you can google which would tell you the area it came from if not a town name, once you know roughly where it came from you may be able to work out who may of sent it.

Twoflower

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 21:10:00 »
ok that was a good idea it came from burton on trent on the 26/05 and i carefully peeled the label off and the last person was karen :) So if you are out there, i have your parcel.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 21:19:45 »
Could it be Asbeans pass the parcel which went from you to Levi in Burton upon Trent, Levi received the parcel but then they went missing & no more has been heard from them since.
Somewhere around this part of the thread.
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,55471.msg579268.html#msg579268

If it is that parcel then it should be your handwriting on the previous address label.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 21:34:30 by Baccy Man »

Twoflower

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 21:38:59 »
No other addresses on it apart from this karen's, but it has my return address on it which is printed? I can't remember if Asbeans  parcel had printed return address labels? But it does sound as if it is the same parcel.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 21:40:00 »
It is probably not it but I had one that got halfway last year then vanished, just before we left for Canada, I will look for a link X X Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 21:45:06 »
Levi's forename is Karen & they are in Burton Upon Trent so there is a good chance the parcel came from them, they haven't logged on for months but their email address is in their profile if you want to query it with them assuming the email address is still valid.

Twoflower

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 22:00:16 »
Well email sent so we will see?

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 22:02:06 »
oh i love a mystery :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 22:08:52 »
Found the link but couldn't add it to my post so I messaged it and bumped it up. it appears there where two other parcels went missing about the same time XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 22:08:58 »
Just caught up with this thread!  Thanks for the pm, Baccyman!

Looking at the labels (which miraculously I haven't deleted!) Twoflower sent it to Levi, who should have sent it to Anemone. Then should have gone Actiongran, Suzanne, Tonybloke, Jokey then back to me.

It probably went back to Twoflower because that was the "from" label.

Well well well.  Are there any labels in the package, Twoflower?  If not, I can send you some so it can continue on its way and finish the round.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
The Tuscan Beaneater

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal