Author Topic: Minature toms  (Read 3867 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Minature toms
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 19:55:21 »
Jay, it will be interesting to hear what they do with the sun on their backs. My thought is that most everything tastes better than store bought. We thought coming back here the store tome would be better, they used to be, but no longer. I shall look forward to hearing your progress.

While on the subject of samll tomatoes... no will start a new post with this one I think.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 19:59:20 »
Has anyone grown micro tom. One picture shows it dripping with fruit & another says will produce about 24 tomatoes so would be interested to have first hand knowledge. I've got Anmore treasures & tumbler, might start micro for a late crop if it gets favourable reports.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 20:25:01 »
I have  grown them but  have never had one dripping with fruit as the pictures show but the yeild was good. Tumbler and Anmore Treasures will grow very wide and droopy so for me not a micro Tom even though the height is only a foot, I have  had Tumbler   cover a large area and yes they have been dripping with fruit.

I used to plant an early Tumbler to keep me going till the big plants came on, then a late Tumbler which I brought inside just before the frosts came, it went on a ceiling hook in front of the patio doors and lived there for a long time, eventually it would die off as do all determinate plants but it kept fresh and good well into the winter. It didn't work trying to keep the earlier one going though as it was well finished at frost time.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

no-lottie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2010, 12:11:55 »
I usually grow a few Micro Tom plants to give away to the younger kids of people who buy my plants at a Market, but to be honest they are just a novelty plant and not worth growing if you're expecting much from them to eat. I'd much prefer to have a few Red Robin or Tiny Tim instead.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2010, 20:45:59 »
Yes I agree with you, there are better ones. XX Jeannine

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal