Author Topic: For Carloso  (Read 2277 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
For Carloso
« on: November 28, 2004, 23:20:00 »
Sorry it has taken me so long hun!

Immature kiwi fruits  ;D

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Re:For Carloso
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 18:42:55 »
Excuse me butting in on Carloso's thread EJ, but can I ask where you are growing your Kiwi - indoors perhaps?  I tried one once and all I got was loads of very large leaves but no fruit  :'(  Is there a knack to growing them perhaps ???
Happy gardening all...........Pat

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 20:03:40 »
Is there anything that that girl can't grow?? = Tim

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 23:40:03 »
If only I could take the credit for this one....but alas I can't!  These were growing up through a very old apple tree in southern Britanny when we were there in June.  Mum has 2 HUGE vines in her garden and every year she is rewarded with masses of lovely white flowers, but never a fruit.  I think you can buy self pollinating vines now, but mum has had hers, well, 20 years maybe, and back then when the dinosaurs roamed the earth she had to get a boy and a girl vine....I am begining to think she was diddled and they were both chicks!  ;D

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 09:49:34 »
Emma, your Mum is lucky to have flowers - I did not get one :'( .....so in the end I had to get rid of it.  It was a self pollinating one so it would have been nice to have had a couple of flowers to do the business >:(
Happy gardening all...........Pat

carloso

• Acre
  • sprouts gimmie wind
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 21:18:40 »
cheers big ears

nice shot, I only have one which i bought from JR Parkers in manchester and looked at this buying 2 but they reckoned the one i bought of which i cant rember off the top of mehead didnt need to be pollananted buy a man plant
its spreading out quite nice behind the conservatory and it has spread to about oww errr 6 fft in either direction 2 vines each way (4 in total) but id reckoned that i may have to wait maybe 2 yrs before i had a show of anything anyway  well see

thanks for that Em much appreacited

carl
another member of i forgot my password

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal