Author Topic: Members in / near SURREY + SW LONDON !!  (Read 11793 times)

Hobbit

Re: Members in / near SURREY + SW LONDON !!
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2005, 10:54:40 »
my hopefull allotment will be from sutton council but i am still trying to find out how much it will cost

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2005, 11:17:40 »
PHIN

I almost went for one up there !

How long you been at it ?
Perhaps you could pop down the pub with me and my lottie buddy to excahnge notes.
You have a shop there dont you ? is it any good ?

----"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." -Groucho Marx---

Phin

• Not So New ...
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2005, 12:33:35 »
Hi Fingle,

We've been here since just before Christmas, so still finding our way really!

Tolworth isn’t a bad site - its pretty big, but getting smaller by all accounts.  Its council run and they don't seem to have much of a handle on what’s lets and what’s not.  Half the site is laid to grass with just the water taps sticking up – presumably just in case there is a surge in demand. There are quite a few overgrown unlettables. Apparently at one point it was twice the size, but much of it has been turned in to the 'millennium' park next door.

The people on the whole are friendly although it’s only in the last 2 weeks that we’ve seen people about. We got a good tip form one couple about the free horse poo at the Parkfield allotments near Richmond Park!

Yes we have a shop - it's only opened up this month so I've not had a chance to stick my nose in. It's meant to be open a 2/3 hours on Saturday and Sunday but every time I’ve been round it been closed already or we’ve been there to early! Hopefully this weekend.

What’s it like up at your spot?

treehuggermum

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 13:59:26 »
Hello,

Our plot  is in Knaphill, near Woking.

:)

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 14:22:13 »
Our site down villiers road is ok.
There also appears to be a few vacant plots, despite the apparent fever for them at the moment. The management of them is pretty appalling actually. We didnt get a skip for the rubbish like we did last year, and there are 2 gaping holes in the fence which they wont sort out despite vandalism

I want to write a letter actually

----"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." -Groucho Marx---

micsmum

• Half Acre
  • Gottie Lottie Now!
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2005, 10:45:57 »
Hi Treehuggermum

You are near me (Aldershot Road). Hubby works in Woking

Helen

littleweed

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2005, 22:58:34 »
My (soon-to-be) lottie is on the border of Surrey and Middlesex, very near the Unigate Dairy with cows on top as you drive along A316 between Sunbury and Whitton/Twickenham.
Time grows for all who know how to use it

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2005, 10:34:07 »
They fixed the fence !!

Just in time for the summer holiday scrotes to pull it down !!

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2005, 20:55:00 »
Hi. Our allotment is in Wimbledon. Not quite home for the Wombles.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2005, 09:14:18 »
Fingle  Log burner in the shed!  Wow, I'm jealous to death  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2005, 10:38:20 »
Easy to make Wardy !
2 Catering cooking oil tins, cut a doorway in one, make a door out of the other one.
(use strips of coiled tin left in hole and left on door to make hinge)
Stick on old car wheel hub for stability and to protect floor. add chimney, seal with concrete (or ceramic floor tile adhesive like me) et VOILA !!

NeilB

• Not So New ...
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2005, 22:05:10 »
Hi all!. This is my first ever post on here. Im really enjoying reading through the forum and finally found a topic I can add to!. I have just been added to the waiting list for the Walnut Tree allotments in Ham Street, Ham, and I Can't Wait!!. Have been told it will be about a year wait  :'(. Roll on next year!

selwyn-smith

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2005, 19:42:35 »
Hi there,
 Walton-on-Thames calling,
 I grew up in Twickenham , my mum had a site in the Meadway, and the Hampton hill site by bushy park,
I'm at Elmgrove in Walton now.
Katy

shaolin101

• Half Acre
    • Kungfu and Fitness in London
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2005, 16:57:09 »
I am south east london - loveley smog  filled views of tower blocks!

No allotment yet, but am hoping.

Got a garden in new devlopment off the Old Kent Road (the A2) It gets about 2 metres of sun for about 2 hours in the evening!
Keep getting worried that the stuff I grow will taste nasty - or turn out poisonous!

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2005, 17:53:13 »
Good Luck Neil
its getting popular this lark !!

Old Central

• Half Acre
  • One day we'll build some walls.
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2005, 21:02:04 »
Another Womble for the collection.

We're at Martin Way next to the David Lloyd Centre; presently reclaiming 10 rods from carpet, bindweed, more carpet and marestail.

Where are you beejay?

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2005, 21:18:45 »
Hello Old Central, welcome. I.m at the other end of Wimbledon, behind the Gap Road cemetery opposite the old plough Lane football ground. I was on your site once when I was studying for the RHS general certificate at Whately Ave adult education & they had a weed covered allotment there. How long you been allotmenting?

Old Central

• Half Acre
  • One day we'll build some walls.
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2005, 23:00:12 »
We have been allotmenting (is that the correct verb?) for fifteen months. We're just over half way down our 10 rods but we're taking our time.

We are heading towards more of a leisure garden/potager with raised beds and bark chip paths than a traditional allotment.

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2005, 20:01:02 »
Well that sounds very Wimbledon! Seriously though, I'm glad you're taking things slowly. Too many people try to do it all at once & then get disheartened. We have varied between 1& 2 plots for getting on for 20 years! Some things do seem to be coming together at last. More plot holders seem to be going for the leisure garden approach. Some look so nice that I worry that the vandals we get from time to time will make a bee line for those. Happy allotmenting. (It should be a verb).

Trenchboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2005, 00:48:02 »
Am I too late?

Have all the other Kingston/Tolworth people now gone?

Took on a lottie in Hook, back of recreation ground, just off A3, and near to where I live in Tolworth in Feb this year.

Council threw mw off Tolworth main a few years ago to build houses, only they didn't.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal