Author Topic: ROOTRAINERS  (Read 10338 times)

OberonUK

• Quarter Acre
Re: ROOTRAINERS
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 13:26:35 »
I was bought a set of rapid root trainers - branded and from haxnicks. My trouble is I can't get all the books to fit in the holder. They are all closed properly, and very snug, but there is just not enough room to fit in the last book. I am using the correct number of books so not trying to force in an extra one.

Has anyone else found this? Any suggestions about what to do or what I am doing wrong? I don't want to ram them all in so hard that I ruin them - and to do that would crumple at least one book anyway. 

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 01:01:51 »
They hold 8 'books' and the last one is not easy to get in, i find putting it in the one before the last one and lifing the two either side a little and pushing makes the last one fit fine :)
Don't fill them till they are in the tray !!!!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 04:07:32 »
They look good and all that but not sure if the cost is justifiable for some seedling holders.   If they only seem to last 5 years or so,  I would spend less than that on seed trays & pots  ::) ::)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 12:49:52 »
Hi fellow gardeners.

The price of these things is an absolute shocker but Wyevale GC now have kits containing 32 cells and a few other equally flimsy bits of plastic for 5.99 (was 7.99)  which may be the cheapest way to give these things a try - I bought one set.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal