Author Topic: Allotment Spring newsletter - new format  (Read 1099 times)

zaz283

• Quarter Acre
  • Life's just too short
    • Allotment Heaven
Allotment Spring newsletter - new format
« on: May 09, 2010, 08:13:45 »
I'm secretary of our local allotment association this year and decided to try a different format for our Spring newsletter... this time I did it as a blog site rather than the normal four page document. Advantage is it's faster to do... no desperate efforts to squeeze the content into exactly four pages, just copy and paste contributors content into each blog page. Other advantages are you can include surveys and see how many people read the content, when and for how long.

You can read the newsletter by clicking the link below & then selecting 'HRAA Spring newsletter' on the right. If you're interested in how to do your newsletter this way leave me a comment on the link below.

Thanks, John
We can wish & we can wish
But we can never have
What once seemed ours forever

http://allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

gp.girl

• Hectare
Re: Allotment Spring newsletter - new format
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 10:27:09 »
Nice newsletter, even if it isn't really for me :)

Love the blog :)

Have you looked at second hand concrete prefab garages or old shipping containers, both are pretty secure (with a big padlock) and really vandal resistant. And your £250 would buy either at least around here....

Forest Row scout hut has survived 30+ years with a cycle route/footpath running next to it and no fencing at all. Concrete prefab is great, although it helps if the arsonists are very stupid and set the fire by the concrete wall rather than the wooden doors ;D

And yes it doesn't look that good but have you seen a burnt out building :'(......especially when it's yours.
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal