Author Topic: Arghhh...  (Read 1331 times)

Isleworth

• Half Acre
    • http://plot31a.blogspot.com/
Arghhh...
« on: May 07, 2010, 21:26:20 »
Foot prints over every bed on the plot today  :'(

Some of the local youth seem to think it's funny to trash peoples hard work... only thing I'm grateful for is that they haven't (Touch wood) done anything worse but I dare hold my breath.

Really was gutted this mornig when I found the flattened plants and seedlings.

Guess I should have stayed down the plot later last night, as I caught 7 lads climbing the fence yesterday and they didn't see me until they were already over the fence, once they had run away and were back over the other side they started shouting abuse.. Wouldn't mind but I didn't even chase them or say anything just walked towards them and they started running. Anyway they must have waited until I had gone and then gone over and done the deeds.

Our fencing is a joke and I have been trying to look into adding barbed wire but we seem to live in a world where plot holders are no longer able to protect their plots incase intruders hurt themselves  >:(  >:( As far as i'm concerned if they get injured climbing the fence and it has signs to say "Danger" - Barbed Wire, then it serves them right.

Sorry had to get that off my chest :-X

~
Isleworth

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 21:30:53 by Isleworth »

ipt8

• Hectare
Re: Arghhh...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 21:44:54 »
sorry to hear of your problems. No easy answer. I would just put up the barbed wire anyway, the countryside is full of it so its not an unusual thing. Now if you said razor wire that may be different.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: Arghhh...
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 23:01:45 »
What a pain  >:(
We are quite fortunate -good fencing and strong gates, however we do get "visitors". We have a school at our back and I have seen, on several occasions kids out of hours up to no good.So I usually stand in full view looking right at them mobile in hand, talking to no one giving their full description saying "yes they're still here"  'Seen off quite a few like that  ;)
sanity is overated

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal