Author Topic: DVD's  (Read 1846 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
DVD's
« on: November 23, 2004, 10:54:30 »
Yes,well  i know they are not either Computers or Internet, but where else I can ask this, the Gallery?
Looking at the specs for these things I see that many claim to be able to play CD's with Jpeg images on them, ie digital camera images saved on to Computer and then out on to CD.
I was wondering if anyone had tried this and what the quality was like.
Gardening is the great leveller.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re:DVD's
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 12:54:30 »
hahahaah couldent resist!!

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 12:57:22 »
I've played pics from my camera through my telly (without an intervening DVD). They're OK as long as you don't expect too much. A telly doesn't have very good resolution and it's a big screen, so the quality isn't as nearly good as on a computer monitor.

Jeremy

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 13:56:51 »
Ah, but my camera has not got that facility, and anyway the photos are now on CD or in the Computer.
Now Rosebud, whatever do you mean ::)
Gardening is the great leveller.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 14:35:46 »
I bought a cheap and nasty Pacific DVD from a superstore for £30 knowing that I probably wouldn’t use it much other than for images off of my PC and discovered it plays films of the pirated kind also  :o(so I’m told)  ;) that quite a lot of dearer ones will not allow. ::)
Have to agree with Jeremy on quality of picture, although it’s not that bad, also I can play movies off of my Hi8 Camcorder too with slightly less sharpness which is convenient and saves ware and tear on the VHS tapes. 8)

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 15:31:28 »
Thing is, it's not really about the camera or the DVD, it's about the telly.

It's a bit like viewing your slides on an artexed cream wall, instead of a crisp, white, flat projection screen.

Jeremy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal