Author Topic: Finding my way around - slowly  (Read 3236 times)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: Finding my way around - slowly
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 09:13:28 »
The climbing courgette is Black Forest IIRC, don't worry too much about weight on trellis grown squash/.... I had a Bon-Bon last year that set two on the ground and two on the border fence of the plot.... the two hanging ones were about 4 pound each, so although not huge, about the size of any decent eating squash, on the ground there were few if any tendrils on the plant, around those fruit there were loads... the plant knows what it is doing......

chrisc

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 10:28:10 »
Munchkin ia a small 3-4inch slightly flattened and grooved pumpkin, it grows a long vine so train it up and when you get to the top train it down again, it will be fine XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

bcbeans

• Not So New ...
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 16:16:05 »
Thanks for the encouragement Mrs Gumboot. I haven't got around to planting the seeds yet.
My runner beans which I planted a while ago are sprouting quite nicely, but have been battling gusts of winds on and off all week. Berloody wind kept me awake all night! Grrr. Just got up and haven't had my first cup of tea yet!
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.             Anais Nin

Mrs Gumboot

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 18:52:35 »
Glad to know a climbing courgette does exist and I'm not going totally mad. Might try it next year. The courgette that is, not going mad  ;D

Thanks for the squash advice both of you. Nice to know they shouldn't get heavy enough to make creative crochet necessary.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal